A proposal on how to streamline the workflow in Labels & Add

wolf4jc

Postby wolf4jc » December 22nd, 2012, 8:35 pm

Thanks for the great piece of software—I use it a lot and I like it a lot. There are times, however, (usually around the mass mailing times like Christmas) when I say to myself, "There has to be a better way of doing things".

Many of the threads on this forum are about the unusual situations of contacts with different last names, a person using a middle name and L&A showing the first initial only, etc.

Templates are a good solution, but it does not eliminate the manual labor of going through each contact and making sure that one uses the proper template—it takes a lot of time and it's not fool-proof. Here's my proposal of how to possibly streamline it.

What if L&A allowed the user to assign (permanently) a template to a given contact, so when I choose to print envelopes for a given group from the Address Book, L&A knows which template to apply (automatically) without me going through the list each time. Perhaps there could be a drop-down list with all the templates available. I think it would save everyone a ton of manual labor. What do you think?
Nick

Postby Nick » December 24th, 2012, 4:44 am

Hi wolf4jc,

It's an interesting idea. We'll discuss it with the programmers.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”