modifying individual labels changes all the labels

jcwgolf

Postby jcwgolf » November 20th, 2012, 7:24 pm

I am doing labels for holiday cards. some labels will go to a "family", and others will go to an individual. when I pre-select "family" from the address template (because majority of the recipients are families) , but then try to change an individual label, all the labels reflect the new change.
I have a similar problem with a few of the labels that have international addresses. I cannot add a country without it being added to ALL the labels, which is not helpful.

How can I alter individual labels without it being reflected in all the other labels?
Nick

Postby Nick » November 21st, 2012, 3:36 am

Hi jcwgolf,

The program cannot change the address panel type dynamically during printing process. You need to create separate label designs for the "family" and the other label type. Accordingly, the list of contacts should be split into two parts.

Nick
jcwgolf

Postby jcwgolf » November 21st, 2012, 4:45 pm

I would think that would be a feature that the entire world would like to see added. while there exists a workaround, it would be ideal to handle this dynamically on a single list.
Thanks for the response.
Nick

Postby Nick » November 22nd, 2012, 2:26 am

He will consider your suggestion for the future.

Nick
tesche

Postby tesche » November 29th, 2012, 4:22 pm

This shouldn't be a feature for the future. I have been using Labels and Addresses for over 5 years and this has never happened until the recent upgrades. It ALWAYS handled the addresses based on what was in the original fields. Example, I have had one label template for Christmas cards for the past 5 years. Only those with a COUNTRY would print the country. NOW ALL the addresses end up with AUSTRALIA as the country. This is a step backward and shouldn't be viewed as a new feature. The program used to be sophisticated enough to leave off the country if there wasn't one and include it if it was, not add it to everyone on the list. This appears to only have happened since the most recent upgrade. I wish I had not upgraded since my old one worked fine.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 3rd, 2012, 8:28 am

Hi tesche,

Labels & Addresses doesn't fill in empty fields of contacts. If in any of them the country isn't specified, nothing is printed in the corresponding position.

If the country name wasn't printed before, but now it does, it's likely that this information is present in the contact. In such case you can select the "Suppress country field" check box to avoid printing this data field. Note that this feature turns off printing only the name of your country. Please check what is selected in the Address Panel tab of the program preferences.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”