Modifying individual labels within a longer print list

mmmmisha

Postby mmmmisha » October 10th, 2012, 2:15 pm

So, I understand that if you are printing directly from a group or list pulled from your contacts manager, the fields in the label template or governed by the contacts manager. On the other hand, if you're printing from a print list the DB is local within L&A and you can use the print list window to modify individual labels within the print list. However, am I correct that if you do it this way, there's no way to actually preview how the label will look?

In my case there are some labels that have a very long first line. I can't find a way to break that line into two in a way that will make it fit on the label, and there doesn't seem to be any way to preview it. When I hit return within the field, it appears to make the change, but defaults back to a single line when i go to print.

Seems like either I'm missing something or it's really difficult to simply make individual adjustments to a bunch of labels.
Nick

Postby Nick » October 11th, 2012, 3:38 am

So, I understand that if you are printing directly from a group or list pulled from your contacts manager, the fields in the label template or governed by the contacts manager. On the other hand, if you're printing from a print list the DB is local within L&A and you can use the print list window to modify individual labels within the print list. However, am I correct that if you do it this way, there's no way to actually preview how the label will look?

That's right. To preview the result, you need to close the print list editor and display the address in the main window.

To create a new line in the print list editor, press Option-Return. I'm not sure if all the data fields support this. In the Preferences dialog, open the Address Panel tab and deselect the "Set street field in a line" check box. When it is activated, the program removes line breaks.

Nick
mmmmisha

Postby mmmmisha » October 11th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Thanks Nick.

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”