Custom Labels (not Addresses)

Cguy

Postby Cguy » December 19th, 2011, 4:36 pm

I am trying to figure out the best way to take a database of ingredient lists (text file, spreadsheet, whatever), import that to a custom field, and print labels from it. I know in the past that you L&A didn't support text boxes, is this still true?

I have found that I can insert hard returns and make it work, but I am trying to automate the procedure.

Lastly, I want to be able to choose how many of each label I print out, which may only be part of a sheet, and then have it go on to the next entry with a different number of labels to print.

Here is an example of one of the labels I want to print:

Ingredients: wheat berries, chick peas, carrots, cabbage, spinach, celery, thyme, tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, sage, cayenne, garlic, onion, bay leaves, olive oil, salt, homemade vegetable stock

Thanks!
Nick

Postby Nick » December 20th, 2011, 11:47 am

Hi Cguy,

I am trying to figure out the best way to take a database of ingredient lists (text file, spreadsheet, whatever), import that to a custom field, and print labels from it. I know in the past that you L&A didn't support text boxes, is this still true?

You can link the imported data to a Custom text field (or any other, First Name, for instance). Once you add this field to the label, it will display the associated data.

I have found that I can insert hard returns and make it work, but I am trying to automate the procedure.

The text boxes in Labels and Addresses cannot wrap text to a new line.

Lastly, I want to be able to choose how many of each label I print out, which may only be part of a sheet, and then have it go on to the next entry with a different number of labels to print.

This isn't possible. You can only create duplicates of certain entries in the spreadsheet.

Nick
Cguy

Postby Cguy » December 20th, 2011, 11:58 am

Okay, thanks Nick.

However - PLEASE add these to the requested enhancements (well particularly the text wrapping). I know it's been on there for a couple of years, so just add my vote!
Cguy

Postby Cguy » December 20th, 2011, 11:59 am

Oh, by the way. I am having a VERY difficult time linking to a Numbers file. Even with the Help doc, it isn't clear.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 21st, 2011, 10:22 am

I've added the requested features to to our list.

We have a video tutorial "Importing from a Numbers Spreadsheet". You can find it on this page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/labelsaddresses/screencasts.php

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”