display and printing of last names such as McLain

ginjg

Postby ginjg » November 2nd, 2011, 7:43 pm

I realize that the nature of databases have caused us to drop the space from these two-part last names in order to keep maintain alphabetical order, causing words to have internal Capital letters

LABA insists on making those internal capital letters lowercase. I tried to make the changes in a batch of such last names (DiGiovannie, McLaren, etc.) but as soon as you go on to the next name in the batch or hit print, it defaults back.

The labels with such last names have to be printed individually and you have to trick the program by adding a space and then reducing the font size of the space to the minimum, then immediately print, remembering to assign the correct starting label so you don't overprint. One page of labels ends up being fed through the printer multiple times, which increases the likelihood that it will jam and the whole page of such labels will have to be redone, one by one again.

If there's only 3 or 4 of this type of name that's fine, but some of us have many more than that for a given printing.

HOW can this be resolved?
Nick

Postby Nick » November 3rd, 2011, 3:12 am

Hi,

This issue can be resolved by editing the contacts manually either in your initial database or in Labels & Addresses. I have added your feature request to our list, but there is a very little chance we create such an automation.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”