Font Preview?

MacShane

Font Preview?

Postby MacShane » August 26th, 2017, 7:14 am

Swift Publisher is really a great program and I have enjoyed using for the past year. One thing that has always bothered me is the Font selection. It is not very straightforward. Mac Pages (and many other software) offer a font preview such as the attached screenshot shows.
Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 2.03.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 2.03.31 PM.png (75.95 KiB) Viewed 1239 times

I have a lot of fonts and often find myself selecting and selecting and selecting (so I can actually see what the font looks like, not just a name), and finally opening a different program to preview the font I want to use because it is more efficient. Am I overlooking something here? Or is it really this difficult to select a font.

Shane
axys

Re: Font Preview?

Postby axys » August 28th, 2017, 6:19 am

Yes, it's something that is lacking - it's a feature that's been around forever, I remember using Claris Works which had it, probably 25 years ago!
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
sanzserif

Postby sanzserif » February 24th, 2018, 5:30 pm

SYSTEM USED: iOS/10.13.3m Retina display, iMac || Swift Publisher V. 5.06

I am experiencing the same typeface and font issues in Publisher. When trying out different fonts using the text box, lettering reverts to Helvetica and will not change or return back to showing any other font style. Also, I bought the Font kits and now am having many issues with Mac Font Book saying these fonts are invalid. Apologies for not having that list, I am more concerned with fonts not showing correctly in the SP app.

Not only does the font not show, it does not print out with the right font selected. Hoping you have a fix or you are able to pinpoint what is going wrong here.
Igor Lizunov

Postby Igor Lizunov » March 16th, 2018, 8:53 am

sanzserif wrote:SYSTEM USED: iOS/10.13.3m Retina display, iMac || Swift Publisher V. 5.06

I am experiencing the same typeface and font issues in Publisher. When trying out different fonts using the text box, lettering reverts to Helvetica and will not change or return back to showing any other font style. Also, I bought the Font kits and now am having many issues with Mac Font Book saying these fonts are invalid. Apologies for not having that list, I am more concerned with fonts not showing correctly in the SP app.

Not only does the font not show, it does not print out with the right font selected. Hoping you have a fix or you are able to pinpoint what is going wrong here.

Please provide more information about this problem. If its possible, illustrate with some screenshots.
Also, you can address an email describing the issue to support@belightsoft.com

How to take a screenshot on your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
Igor Lizunov

Postby Igor Lizunov » March 16th, 2018, 8:55 am

MacShane wrote:Swift Publisher is really a great program and I have enjoyed using for the past year. One thing that has always bothered me is the Font selection. It is not very straightforward. Mac Pages (and many other software) offer a font preview such as the attached screenshot shows.
Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 2.03.31 PM.png

I have a lot of fonts and often find myself selecting and selecting and selecting (so I can actually see what the font looks like, not just a name), and finally opening a different program to preview the font I want to use because it is more efficient. Am I overlooking something here? Or is it really this difficult to select a font.

Shane

You can turn on Show Preview option in Fonts dialog:

Return to “Swift Publisher”