Moving An Element To Another Page

Green Moose

Moving An Element To Another Page

Postby Green Moose » April 27th, 2016, 2:46 pm

Rearranging content on multipage documents is problematic when you can't drag an element to another page. Anyone have a tip on moving graphics or text columns to another page? Can't find anything in the manual about it. Thanks.
axys

Re: Moving An Element To Another Page

Postby axys » April 27th, 2016, 3:38 pm

You can flow text from page to page by clicking on the red cross (bottom RH corner), selecting the next page and then clicking on it to draw a continuity text box. For anything else, you're stuck with copy and paste I'm afraid (however, paste will paste in the same position on the new page). It's something I flagged up years ago, but it's never been implemented.

If you have two separate pages side by side (or overlapping) you can drag/drop objects from one document to another one using Alt-Cmd drag and drop.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
Green Moose

Postby Green Moose » April 28th, 2016, 8:28 am

Thanks for chiming in but I'm using 3.37 and copy/paste of elements (for example screened text boxes, graphics, pictures, etc.) simply does not work in El Capitan. Once you flow text into another page you are stuck with it there unless you delete the new text box and create another where you want it. If you have three linked boxes on a second page and want to move them to the third you have to delete them all and start over. If you have a graphic you must recreate it to move it to another page. Very disappointing. Maybe it worked in Yosemite but not in El Cap.

As it turns out you need to upgrade to version 4 to copy/paste elements in El Cap.
axys

Postby axys » April 28th, 2016, 9:09 am

I'm running 10.8.5 - I have SP2 and SP4 (and SP3, but it is archived - it was a bit of a dog). Generally I stick with SP2 - there are just too many basics that still don't work properly in SP4 and there seems to be little enthusiasm to fix them.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
Green Moose

Postby Green Moose » May 1st, 2016, 10:24 am

Belight support was very helpful. As it turns out, the copy/paste of text blocks and other elements works correctly in SP4 so an upgrade took care of the problem.

Return to “Swift Publisher”