More about Text Alignment problem

ccdavid1

More about Text Alignment problem

Postby ccdavid1 » August 4th, 2015, 8:53 am

Problem persists. I recreated the invitation, carefully selecting the text direction. The document looks correctly formatted until I click on the pasteboard and/or Export. Then the text reformats to gibberish columns. If I have followed the protocol, why does it reformat? Even if I save as jpeg the text reformats.

At this point the only way I can get a proper copy is with a screen shot, and that is just not good enough.

Frustrated.

Hello -

I created a simple invitation card (4" x 6") and when I click off the text, it reformats to vertical alignment. Likewise when I export it, the text is in illegible columns rather than the way it had been created.

Wish I were not such a noob and knew how to use the Img or URL links within this post. I'd love to include an example but can't figure out how (that's a "sub-topic".) I will spare you the Smilies - I'm not that much of a noob and v. jaded.
Partial example for the sake of brevity:

J
i
m

a
n
d

C
a
etc.

instead of "Jim and Ca…etc"

Is this a bug?

Here are some further clues as to what might be causing the problem:
Running OS 10.10.4, used font from Swift Publisher (SignPainter/Housescript.) Font colour (color in my land) #4000BF.

TIA for your help!
Last edited by ccdavid1 on August 5th, 2015, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ajax

Re: Text Alignment problem

Postby Ajax » August 4th, 2015, 8:56 am

Looks like you used wrong tool — "Vertical text" instead of a regular "Text" just redo text using right toll and it will be all right.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
ccdavid1

Re: Text Alignment problem

Postby ccdavid1 » August 4th, 2015, 9:20 am

Wow - thanks so much for your extremely prompt reply. I tried to follow your So Obvious :? suggestion. Gosh this is humbling: after years of doing all sorts of fancy tricks in InDesign I'm feeling very inexperienced.

But alas, I'm still stuck. Waa.

I see the Vertical Alignment tool in the little array of tools in the upper left menu bar, but there seems to be no option. All I see is the downward arrow next to the T tool. When I click it, there are no options.

Just to make sure I'm in the right area:
Selection /Text Box /(Vertical) Text/Rectangle/ Spline/ Line Tools

I really appreciate your help!
axys

Re: More about Text Alignment problem

Postby axys » August 11th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Standard text button is the T in a square immediately to the left of the downward T. Simple enough. But I agree, the arrow pointing down is a little confusing, as it would seem to imply a drop down sub-menu.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
Ajax

Re: More about Text Alignment problem

Postby Ajax » August 14th, 2015, 4:39 am

We'll "fix" this interface issue with next release.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **

Return to “Swift Publisher”