fuzzy clouds behind text?

WCALC

fuzzy clouds behind text?

Postby WCALC » February 13th, 2015, 6:44 pm

My business partner and I have been creating graphics for clients to post on Facebook. Her posts were coming out with this weird, pixeled cloud behind the text, but mine were fine. Now mine is doing the same thing!! What happened? Is there a setting that I don't know about?

We are exporting JPEG images, and I've tried 300 and 600 dpi just to make sure it wasn't an issue with the resolution. Any ideas?
Nick

Re: fuzzy clouds behind text?

Postby Nick » February 14th, 2015, 3:56 am

Hi WCALC,

Some effects applied to text such as shadow, glow or background nay be distorted that way.

You can try to post simple text with no effects and no images in the design. Just create a new document and add text. Will the problem repeat with it?

The second test, create a document as above, right-click on it and choose Convert Text to Image. See what happens if you post it.

Are you using the built-in feature to post to Facebook?

Nick
WCALC

Postby WCALC » February 16th, 2015, 5:52 pm

...Built in feature to post to Facebook? I didn't know this was an option? How does that work?

And there's no clouds or shadows behind the text - just straight text!
Nick

Postby Nick » February 17th, 2015, 8:41 am

There is a Share button in the toolbar.
Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 3.31.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 3.31.37 PM.png (23.05 KiB) Viewed 430 times

If an image created in Swift Publisher looks correctly when you open it in Preview, then the problem can take place when Facebook imports your image to add to a post. You can try to test different file formats (PNG, JPEG, PDF). Maybe only one of them is affected.

Nick
WCALC

Postby WCALC » February 17th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Ok, thanks for that - I didn't know I could do that. But it didn't solve the problem of these artifacts behind the text. Final question - how do I export a PNG? Or do I need a different program for that? TIFFs and PDFs do not seem to be supported by Facebook.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 18th, 2015, 4:18 am

To create a PNG file, export to TIFF. Then open your image in Preview.app, select File > Export and choose the PNG format.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”