Rasterised text and images issue - again

axys

Rasterised text and images issue - again

Postby axys » January 30th, 2015, 11:13 am

Really frustrated with the blurred text issue that I've reported before - it was an issue in SP2 for a while and was finally resolved, now its an issue in SP3. I've just had to scrap over a days work and redo it in SP2.

Basically - import A3 pdf into A3 background layer. Put text, lines, fill etc on foreground layer. All looks good. Print - both text and pdf are rasterised. Export pdf - looks fine on screen, prints rasterised - everything converted to dots, albeit quite small ones, but blurred nonetheless. Rebuild exactly the same thing in SP2 - prints perfectly. Go back to SP3 and delete the pdf - text prints perfectly.

Any ideas as to what is happening? Previously it was thought to be cropped pdf's causing issues but this wasn't cropped. Worse, it is not consistent - I can do a series of drawings and they are all fine (inc using multiple cropped pdf's) and then one isn't - I'm on tenterhooks when I print as to whether I've wasted xx hours work.

With this and the lack of updates, SP3 really isn't looking that good for me.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
Nick

Re: Rasterised text and images issue - again

Postby Nick » January 31st, 2015, 6:08 am

Hi

Please send us your document with added PDF and the PDF separately which looks rasterized on paper. Add the link to this topic to your email.

On your side do two test prints. Print the PDF that causes the problem using Preview.app and print from Swift Publisher 3 ( create a new document and add the PDF with no other changes). Will the two printed papers look the same way? Use the same printing setting in both cases.

Nick
axys

Postby axys » February 2nd, 2016, 4:30 pm

I'm going to resurrect this thread, because after starting it I gave up on SP3 and went back to SP2. Now, using SP4, I find the issue is still there, and another days work wasted. I'll send the files to Nick as he suggests, and yet again go back to SP2 - for all its faults it does work, albeit crushingly slowly at times and at least it has floating palettes. I hate the fixed ones in SP4 with a vengeance - I am constantly having to scroll left to right and back again to get to them.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
axys

Postby axys » February 3rd, 2016, 6:30 am

Nick wrote:Hi

Please send us your document with added PDF and the PDF separately which looks rasterized on paper. Add the link to this topic to your email.

On your side do two test prints. Print the PDF that causes the problem using Preview.app and print from Swift Publisher 3 ( create a new document and add the PDF with no other changes). Will the two printed papers look the same way? Use the same printing setting in both cases.
Nick

Test prints -
1. Print from Preview - same issue
2. Print from SP4 - new document with just the pdf - same issue
3. Print from SP4 - delete the background pdf - remainder of file prints ok except where there is text over colour fill, where it is still rasterised.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 3rd, 2016, 7:33 am

Hi

We have received your files and will examine them.

Nick
axys

Postby axys » February 11th, 2016, 9:41 am

After some testing, Belight advise they will pay attention to the problem when they start overhauling export and printing in the major version update.

Return to “Swift Publisher”