Text wrap being dropped

raybots

Text wrap being dropped

Postby raybots » November 13th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Hi,
I have been using Swift Publisher in trial mode and have found it to be terrific! I purchased it today and now it will not hold text wrap settings! The file is the same file I created in the non-registered version and all was fine. Now, even saving after each image is corrected, when I close the file or quit and reopen the file, all of my text wrap settings are gone! I have tried several times to resolve this and still have the same issue! Thoughts?
raybots

Re: Text wrap being dropped

Postby raybots » November 13th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Added:
I have played around and found if the image is grouped (a pic, a text block and a second image), it will not hold the wrap setting. If I ungroup them, the wrap setting holds?! This is still since I purchased and registered.
Nick

Postby Nick » November 14th, 2014, 3:54 am

Hi raybots,

On my computer, the program works this way. After activating text wrapping with one image, if you group the image with the second one, the created group won't cause text wrapping. You need to activate this property for the group.

If a group has been set to cause text wrapping but it doesn't, probably it is located behind the text. In this case, right-click on it and select Order > Bring to Front in the context menu.

Nick
raybots

Postby raybots » November 14th, 2014, 9:28 am

Hi Nick,
I tried your suggestion, but no luck. Even grouping, then setting the wrap and bringing the text to the front still lost the wrap after I saved and closed the document and then reopened it.
Thanks for the input!

Ray
Nick

Postby Nick » November 14th, 2014, 10:04 am

Ray,

I've managed to reproduce the problem. As soon as you close and reopen your document, a group forgets its "Object causes wrap" property. So it is always off when you open the document again. This doesn't happen with individual images. I'll notify our programmers about this bug.

Try to place images in your document without grouping them.

Nick
rossedwards

Postby rossedwards » October 6th, 2015, 11:32 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this appears to still be case in SP4... Any ideas if/when it's likely to be fixed?

Cheers,

Ross.
Ajax

Postby Ajax » October 6th, 2015, 2:41 pm

I'm sorry for that. I will try to raise this bug in tracker for the next update. Yet I can't guarantee it will be fixed :oops:
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **

Return to “Swift Publisher”