Can't finish install extra pack

fra70

Can't finish install extra pack

Postby fra70 » September 12th, 2014, 5:44 am

Hallo,
I write from Italy. I bought and downloaded the extra pack of clip arts, but every time I start to install it, at the end of the process, A message of error appears on the window of download.
I have swift publisher 3.
thank you
Nick

Re: Can't finish install extra pack

Postby Nick » September 12th, 2014, 7:01 am

Hi

What is stated in that error message? The next time you see it, please copy the text to forum, or take a screenshot by pressing Cmd-Shift-4 and selecting the message box on the screen.

Basically, the problem can happen if the server or the network connecting it with you is overloaded. Sometimes it may help if you download at different day time (e.g. in the morning instead of evening).

Also make sure that on you computer there is enough free disk space, and that other programs don't use the Internet connection intensively.

Nick
fra70

Postby fra70 » September 12th, 2014, 7:48 am

the message is:
"installazione non riuscita.
errore durante la decompressione. riprova"

sorry, but I don't know how put the image on the message
Nick

Postby Nick » September 12th, 2014, 8:39 am

Since it is going about decompression, probably the installation package has been downloaded but files cannot be extracted. This can be hapening if the package has been downloaded incompletely, or it is damaged, or there is no enough space on your hard drive (did you check this issue?). The only way to fix the problem with damaged package is to re-download it again.

Have you purchased the Extras Pack on App Store, or on our website? If the second, which program displayed the error message? If this is the Installer.app which open up by default, run installation until the error repeats again. While installation is in progress, select Window > Installer Log (Cmd-L) in the menu. When the problem repeats, click on the Save button in the Installer Log window and save the log. Then send this log to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic.

Nick
fra70

Postby fra70 » September 16th, 2014, 1:55 am

hello Nick,
I downloaded the pack from an alternative link that I received by mail.
When I try to open the .dmg file, I find the message : "checksum non valido" :cry:
I have enough space on my hd, no problems with that. So, which is the problem? :?
Nick

Postby Nick » September 16th, 2014, 3:18 am

This message can mean that the .dmg file is damaged or not fully downloaded. This file like a ZIP archive cannot be opened if the checksum is incorrect.

Nick
fra70

Postby fra70 » September 16th, 2014, 7:38 am

thank you Nick, now it works :)

Return to “Swift Publisher”