Trouble sending to printing shop

Debra

Trouble sending to printing shop

Postby Debra » May 30th, 2014, 8:38 am

I created a brochure for a client and when i save and try to export it, it looks fine but when they went to create the plates to print it they are seeing shadows behind font boxes and some picture images. These do not show up on my design board anywhere. I only have two layers and I cannot figure out how to correct this. I don't want to create another brochure as I have already missed my deadline because of this printing problem. Can someone please help me out! Thank you!!!
Nick

Re: Trouble sending to printing shop

Postby Nick » May 30th, 2014, 9:03 am

Hi Debra,

For a quick solution, you can try to export to another file format for the print shop. For example, if you used a PDF, export to TIFF, of course if the printer accepts it. Also you can try to change the export settings behind the Options button in the Export dialog. For example, if you exported with Image Quality set to Original, try 600 dpi.

To find out what happens, I need to see your original Swift Publisher document and the file you exported to. Please send them to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic. Also indicate what object(s) in your design got shadows.

If your exported images don't have any shadows, the problem could be caused by the software used in the print shop.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”