Export partial document

walker25

Postby walker25 » April 13th, 2014, 5:06 pm

I use Swift for sales brochures, pages of which need updating regularly. Rather than send the entire brochure every time one page is altered, I am trying to email out just the page that has been updated, but I cannot figure out how to do so. I have even tried print and save as pdf with just the page number I need, but it will not save. It just gets hung processing. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 14th, 2014, 2:34 am

Hi

Using the Print dialog for partial printing is what I would suggest you. But you have found this method yourself.

For a workaround, there are two more ways:
1. Create a copy of your document. Delete all pages but those you need to update. Then export them to PDF using exporting or printing procedure.

2. Export to the TIFF or JPEG format. The program can export only the opened page to these formats. The main disadvantage of this method is that everything will be in the raster format what can make text look not so smooth. Or, the file size can be too large.

Back to saving a PDF in the Print dialog:
To find out what causes the problem, please give me these details:
1. What versions of OS X and Swift Publisher are on your computer?

2. Repeat the problem with saving a part of pages to PDF. Save the console log (see below), and send it to support@belightsoft.com together with your document. Please add the link to this topic to your message.

3. Can you save the whole your document to PDF using the Print dialog? If not, open any of catalogs from the Template Gallery, and try to export some pages using the same way. Will this work?

Nick
walker25

Postby walker25 » April 14th, 2014, 6:41 am

Thank you Nick. I think I have it now. In the pdf menu on the print page, I am able to select the page I want, then under the pdf selection, save in Preview as pdf and either email it or mail pdf will work. It just won't work when I choose the save as pdf selection. That is what I kept trying initially.

I can save the entire brochure using the print dialog-no problem there.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 14th, 2014, 8:09 am

On my computer, the Save As PDF function worked when I selected several pages in the From and To boxes.

Nick
walker25

Postby walker25 » April 14th, 2014, 8:22 am

That's so odd. I tried to save one page with save pdf function and I get a printing error message. Also got the same result with saving 3 pages, but it will save the entire document, which is 13 pages. Then the document is too large to send in one file from my email.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 14th, 2014, 9:28 am

If you send me details requested in post #2, we will try to fix the problem. If your document is too large to email it, you can place it on some file sharing site and send us the download link.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”