CANNOT OPEN SP3

namitv

Postby namitv » April 8th, 2014, 10:36 am

Hi,

I am an avid user or SP2 and have lots of work saved in the program. Recently I downloaded SP 3 from the Apple market as I needed one on my laptop.

However, recently due to the different file format issues I am aware I cannot open SP3 used files in SP2. My problem is that now I have downloaded SP3 on my desktop so I can finally use those files again but the app DOES NOT OPEN.

It will go to the first screen of templates but when I try and load a saved file or even a template it freezes and crashes.

Please guide me on how to fix this.

Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » April 9th, 2014, 3:21 am

Hi,

Files saved by SP3 aren't compatible with SP2. As a rule they look as empty pages. Resaving a file of SP3 format in version 2 can damage this file.

SP3 should open files in the SP2 format with no problems.

Nick
axys

Postby axys » April 10th, 2014, 4:50 am

Nick wrote:Hi,

Files saved by SP3 aren't compatible with SP2. As a rule they look as empty pages. Resaving a file of SP3 format in version 2 can damage this file.

SP3 should open files in the SP2 format with no problems.

Nick

But note that once you've opened an SP2 file in SP3 it won't then open in SP2 (even if you just open and then immediately close it). That's caught me more than once.

As to your crashing problem, I would suggest reinstalling the program.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
Pixel

Postby Pixel » May 6th, 2014, 12:37 pm

This is NOT an acceptable answer - your files should be accessible in BOTH formats. I downloaded sp3 in order to see how it worked, and now I have lost several hours of formatting!
It has just "disappeared" in SP2!!
Please tell me how to get it back - thanks.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 7th, 2014, 3:01 am

Hi Pixel,

SP2 isn't compatible with documents in the SP3 format. If you didn't modify your SP3 document in SP2, it can still be modified in SP3.

To bring your work from SP3 to SP2, you can try to copy all objects from each page. If you used several layers, you need to copy from each of them individually. Some objects in the new version aren't supported in the older one, and cannot be copied this way.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”