Convert publisher into Microsoft Word doc?

rosindabow

Postby rosindabow » March 7th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Hi - I asked this once before of a much earlier version of Swift Publisher ... is there any method available to convert a Swift Publisher 3 document into some kind of format that Microsoft Word can read? If not, why not? Thanks.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 8th, 2014, 7:39 am

Hi,

There is no way to conver a Swift Publisher document to MS Word format. I don't know why, maybe there were more important features to add to the program, and this one is of low priority.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » March 8th, 2014, 10:35 am

Hi
A (certainly not perfect) solution would be to convert/export SP3 documents to PDF then, using a dedicated tool, convert PDF documents to Word ones.
With a little help from Google and a few keywords (i.e. pdf to word os x) you could find some solutions (I've tried none, yet).
Hope this helps.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
dalite

Re: Convert publisher into Microsoft Word doc?

Postby dalite » September 5th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Today I composed a one page article and wanted to send it to a newsletter editor using Export to PDF. I understand that the PDF file can be converted to a Microsoft .doc file. However, when I emailed the article to my editor the entire article appeared as an attachment. Instead, I wanted the PDF file to be just a linked file attachment so he could download it for editing. How to go about this?
Nick

Postby Nick » September 6th, 2014, 7:04 am

Hi

To make any file "downloadable", you need to place it on some file sharing web server and give another person a link to this file. If the file is relatively small, and you need to share it with one or a few people, attaching the file to an email seems to me the easiest way.

Nick
dalite

Postby dalite » September 9th, 2014, 3:49 pm

When I had a PC I was using Serif Page Plus (an excellent, affordable DTP program, by the way) and was able to create a PDF link file by selecting "Publish as PDF" on the Standard Toolbar. Now, I also receive linked Adobe PDF files from numerous web sources all the time. Why can't SP3 make it simple to create a compressed PDF file with one click?

Also, on SP3 under File>Export the saved Adobe PDF file is not compressed. I am using OS X Lion 10.7
Nick

Postby Nick » September 10th, 2014, 6:26 am

To export a smaller PDF, you can set Image Quality to 150 DPI in the PDF export settings.

The File > Export feature creates only basic PDFs. To export to a compressed PDF, you can create a custom workflow. Then it will appear as a PDF Workflow option in the export settings.

Also you can use a third party program which compresses PDFs.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”