OSX Mavericks

valenman

Postby valenman » October 23rd, 2013, 12:53 pm

Is Swift Publisher 2 compatible with OSX 10.9 Mavericks?
Nick

Postby Nick » October 23rd, 2013, 2:38 pm

Hi

Swift Publisher is not compatible with Mavericks. You need to use verions 3 which is compatible.

Nick
valenman

Postby valenman » October 23rd, 2013, 3:51 pm

That is disappointing. I have Swift Publisher 3 but am one of those who much prefers version 2
axys

Postby axys » October 23rd, 2013, 5:17 pm

Woah! That is disappointing - I much prefer SP2 and use it daily for my work and play. That might just stop me jumping to Mavericks for now.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
valenman

Postby valenman » October 23rd, 2013, 5:37 pm

Is there no chance that SP can be made compatible? I really don't want to switch to SP3 and, like axys, this may stop me upgrading to Mavericks
irishwolfhound

Postby irishwolfhound » October 25th, 2013, 8:28 am

i have SP3 and can't export PDF anymore since i updated to maverick 2 days ago. SP3 doesn't react anymore and i have to force quit.

hardware is iMac 27"

any ideas what's wrong?

tnx,
irishwolfhound
Nick

Postby Nick » October 28th, 2013, 9:32 am

Hi irishwolfhound,

I've managed to export several documents to PDF without any problem. Please send your document to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic.

What version of Swift Publisher is on your computer? Did you download it from our website or from App Store?

Try to export a multi-page template to PDF and see if the problem repeats.

Nick
fonetico

Postby fonetico » October 28th, 2013, 11:28 am

Hi Nick,
I'm using a trial version of Swift Publisher. It's great but I have the same problem as Irishwolfhound in that it won't export to pdf. I've tried every combination possible from a blank page to a page with one word to a page with a low res image to a full presentation page. It always gets stuck on "preparing" to export.
Is this an issue with Marvicks?
Guess I won't be buying your Publisher or Text programmes until this problem is resolved.
Help!
irishwolfhound

Postby irishwolfhound » October 28th, 2013, 11:32 am

dear nick!

thanks for answer.

version is SP3 via app store (11. 03. 2013, it was update from version 2).

the file i have problems with is a dokument with 8 pages. it starts to prepare and shortly after i can read that SP3 doesn't react anymore.

i'll send the document to the support-address.

tnx,
irishwolfhound
Nick

Postby Nick » October 29th, 2013, 4:51 am

Hi irishwolfhound,

Thank you for sending us your document. The problem repeats on my computer as well. This happened only if the Original image quality was selected in the PDF export options. One of solutions is to choose 600 dpi instead of Original.

I have found that if I delete content.eps located on page 5, the program doesn't crash. Maybe there is something wrong with the image or with the program (our programmers are examining this issue). The second solution is to keep the Original quality but replace content.eps with its copy in another format. Open this image in Preview.app or another program, and export (or save) as PDF.

The same message was emailed to you.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » October 29th, 2013, 4:58 am

fonetico,

As I noted above, Swift Publisher is capable to export PDFs on Mavericks. The fact that it doesn't export even a blank document may mean that the program is broken. Try to delete it and install again. If the problem repeats after this, please save your Console log and send it to support@belightsoft.com Please add the link to this discussion to your message.

To save the console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » October 29th, 2013, 10:16 am

Hi fonetico,

We have received your log. It only indicates that the program stops responding. There is no any clue about why this happens. Please reinstall Swift Publisher. Then try to export a new document (blank, one page) again. In the export dialog, deselect all check boxes, set the Image Quality to Original, and PDF Workflow to None. Choose the Desktop as the folder to save your PDF.

Nick
irishwolfhound

Postby irishwolfhound » October 29th, 2013, 2:31 pm

i deinstalled and reinstalled SP3, followed the quoted instructions and still SP3 don't react anymore shortly after starting export process. :-(

i should bring PDF-files with marks to printer since yesterday and i still can't do it. slowly i become nervous …

Nick wrote:Hi fonetico,

We have received your log. It only indicates that the program stops responding. There is no any clue about why this happens. Please reinstall Swift Publisher. Then try to export a new document (blank, one page) again. In the export dialog, deselect all check boxes, set the Image Quality to Original, and PDF Workflow to None. Choose the Desktop as the folder to save your PDF.

Nick
fonetico

Postby fonetico » October 29th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Well Nick, I've already done all you've suggested many times over but with no success. And I've even re-installed Mavericks and repaired Permissions etc. Everything appears to work as expected apart from this one feature. Whenever I export to pdf, no matter what the settings, it always gets immediately stuck on "Preparing..."

Could it have something to do with the iMac?

I've downloaded the app to my MacBook Pro and it works perfectly. I notice irishwolfhound also has problems with an iMac so could it be specific to this model computer?

Best regards,
irishwolfhound

Postby irishwolfhound » October 30th, 2013, 2:57 am

fonetico wrote:I've downloaded the app to my MacBook Pro and it works perfectly.

on our MacBook Pro (2009) it don't work, too … :-(

Return to “Swift Publisher”