Disappearing Images

ingleezee

Postby ingleezee » June 1st, 2013, 11:33 am

Same problem as the others. What is the Versions feature?

Why, when there is known problem, is it not fixed?

Very annoying and hours of time wasted.
ingleezee

Postby ingleezee » June 1st, 2013, 12:18 pm

Some images in the document appear to be missing or corrupted. If you proceed with opening, the corrupted images will be permanently stripped from the document.

This just gets better ....... now what am I supposed to do?

And this after the update is installed ...

Never open it? Very useful .....
ingleezee

Postby ingleezee » June 1st, 2013, 12:45 pm

Great there is more.....

Now it crashes when I try to open the document - all after the latest update.
Nick

Postby Nick » June 1st, 2013, 1:11 pm

Hi

We know that the problem exists, but we haven't found out how it happens. The last update was aimed to minimize the damage. The more frequently you ( or auto saving function) save the document, the less you lose. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

The Versions feature was introduced in Mac OS 10.7. It lets you return to one of the previously saved states of your document. The document name is displayed at the top of the window. If you place the mouse pointer over it, a small triangle will be shown. Unsaved document shows "Edited" there. To open the Versions feature, click on the triangle of "Edited" and choose Browse All Versions. If versions of your document exist, they will appear as a pile of pages in the right half of the screen. You can choose one of them to open on Swift Publisher.

Nick
ingleezee

Postby ingleezee » June 2nd, 2013, 11:48 am

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately it is now warning me that if I open the document all images will be lost. This as a result of the update - thus it is worse than before.
I can't therefore utilize the versions feature ....

This is one of most annoying and now time consuming problems I have had since I left the windows platform.
When I open the document swift 3 crashes, over to iStudio from today.

Swift 3 is now rated 1, only because there wasn't a zero.

Maybe you can explain how I get my money back, you yourself have admitted that you are selling a product with a known fault.......
Last edited by ingleezee on June 2nd, 2013, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ingleezee

Postby ingleezee » June 2nd, 2013, 12:07 pm

Now this gets better ....

Document will not open at all ..... crashes Swift 3 every time.

This is not funny, dozens of hours of work totally wasted. Deadline now likely to be missed.
Last edited by ingleezee on June 2nd, 2013, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » June 3rd, 2013, 3:10 am

Unfortunately it is now warning me that if I open the document all images will be lost. This as a result of the update - thus it is worse than before.

This is not correct. The aim of the update was to warn you when during the document editing some images were lost, and not allow you save a broken document. Also, an error message may popup when you are opening your document. This message indicates that some images were lost during the previous session of an older version of Swift Publisher, or when it was not running (document was damaged by other software).

If Swift Publisher crashes, please describe the circumstances and send a crash log to support@belightsoft.com

The crash log pops up right after a crash. Click on the Report button and copy all text from the Crash Reporter window to your email.

To get money back you need to contact:
- support@belightsoft.com if you purchased the program on our web site;
- App Store sales department is the program was downloaded from the App Store.

Document will not open at all ..... crashes Swift 3 every time.

Please send your document to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic. Also try to run Swift Publisher (without opening any document) and load the first template from the Template gallery. Will this work?

Nick
esperancecottage

Re: Disappearing Images

Postby esperancecottage » May 26th, 2015, 11:50 pm

The disappearing images has struck again! But I can click where they are supposed to be and it selects the area like the image is there. Try to bring to front. Nothing happens. I can't re-install on numerous pages if this will continue to be an issue.
Nick

Re: Disappearing Images

Postby Nick » May 29th, 2015, 8:33 am

Please find my answer to another your post:
http://www.belightsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14185

The probem can relate to some effect applied to the image.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”