Re-enter Licence each time program opens?

Any other suggestions you may have
TanyaA

Postby TanyaA » February 25th, 2009, 8:30 am

Just another problem with this software. Why do I have to re-enter the Licence code every-time I open Printfolio. I have also registered this product online. It still asks for the Licence whenever I open an application. Is there a way to stop this?

Your help please?

Tanya
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2009, 9:08 am

To register Printfolio, please run this program, choose Printfolio > License menu item and input your name and license code.
The online registration doesn't unlock the program.

Nick
CharlesS

Postby CharlesS » April 19th, 2009, 4:18 am

This needs to be fixed - found it very very frustrating. Suggest you highlight this on the readme file at least....
Nick

Postby Nick » April 19th, 2009, 4:26 am

Hi Charles,

For most users the registration works fine. Do you mean that the online registration or entering the license code into the program should be better highlighted in the documentation?

Nick
dedriannes

Postby dedriannes » July 5th, 2009, 1:30 pm

I seriously am going nuts here. I have registered the Printfolio on-line at the website and when it asks numerous times but no matter what I do every time I dismiss the software icon from my doch it wants me to relicense the same software over and over again. I have gone to the menu bar and licensed it there and I have licensed it when it asks and no matter what I do I am being asked to license it again. This is great software but it is not worth the irritation. PLEASE HELP!
Nick

Postby Nick » July 6th, 2009, 2:41 am

Hi dedriannes,

The on-line registration doesn't unlock the software. It is just a way to add your license code in our database to be able to restore it.

To register Printfolio, open the Printfolio application. You will see the message "This copy of Printfolio is not licensed". Click "License" and type your name and the license code (if the code was emailed you, copy and paste it in the dialog).

If this doesn't work, maybe it fails to save the registration information on your hard disk. In this case, reboot the computer and try to enter the license code.

Sometimes it helps to fix the permissions. Open the "Disk Utility" application from Applications/Utilities folder. Select the boot volume and click "Repair Disk Permisions".

Nick
djross95

Postby djross95 » July 21st, 2009, 9:27 pm

I've just purchased a copy of Printfolio and am having the exact same problem as above. I've registered with Belightsoft and have entered my license number in the program. Every time I start the program again the license info disappears.

This is infuriating! I am repairing permissions to see if that helps, but I have never had this problem before with any program. It sure looks like this is a bug that can and should be fixed.

I'll report back and let you know what happens. DR
djross95

Postby djross95 » July 22nd, 2009, 5:29 am

Looks like repairing permissions did the trick. Everything seems to be working..... DR
MerryMayhem

Postby MerryMayhem » October 5th, 2009, 6:04 pm

I can't seem to get a License # to work for Art Text. I just bought the Printfolio package, which supposedly includes Art Text. I've been working in Art Text, and see that it still has the "Trial" watermark in the background. Tried entering the license code that came with the Printfolio purchase confirmation, but Art Text won't accept the #. Help please????
Nick

Postby Nick » October 6th, 2009, 3:01 am

Hi MerryMayhem,

A Printfolio license code doesn't register Art Text. Art Text included into the Printfolio package is supposed to be used as a plug-in. Such use of the software doesn't require a separate license code for Art Text.

To use Art Text, please click the "a" button in the toolbar of Business Card Composer, Disc Cover, Labels & Addresses or Swift Publisher.

Please find more details on this page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/limitededition.php

Nick
Ian Osborne

Postby Ian Osborne » October 25th, 2009, 7:52 am

I had this problem too, but I think I know what caused it. When I upgraded to Business Card Composer 5, I also updated all the individual apps in Printfolio, one by one. Every time I opened Printfolio, I had to register with my old serial, and each time I launched BCC 5, I needed my new Printfolio serial.

I solved the problem by downloading and reinstalling Printfolio as a whole, instead of just updating the applications one at a time. Printfolio accepted my new serial, and Business Card Composer 5 is bundled. This seems to have done the trick.

Return to “General”