Licence Code NOT being accepted in ONE program only of Print

Any other suggestions you may have
TanyaA

Postby TanyaA » February 25th, 2009, 12:40 am

Please can an administrator assist me. I have just taken delivery of Belight PrintFolio which I purchased through an Apple Store in Australia.

I have used the Licence key to register all the different programs and this has been successful. I have also registered on-line.

However, the ART TEXT LE program will NOT accept the licence code which came with the CD.

Please can someone help me with this as a matter of urgency as this program was the one I wanted in the first place!

Thank you

Tanya A
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2009, 2:36 am

Hello Tanya,

Art Text included into the Printfolio package doesn't need registration to work with Printfolio programs. Separate registration is required to use Art Text as a stand-alone application. In this case you have to purchase Art Text license.

So, to use Art Text with one of four main Printfolio applications, click the "a" button in its tool bar. When you finish working on a logo or heading, click "Link Back" in Art Text.
Please see more detail here:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/limitededition.php
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/faq.php#arttext

Nick
TanyaA

Postby TanyaA » February 25th, 2009, 6:47 am

YOU ARE KDDING ME!!!!

I spent $164 Australian Dollars on this program and had no idea that the buttons I wanted to make for my website - cannot be done! It is what I bought the program for!!!!

I read the product site carefully and thought - "yep the text app is what I am looking for". Before purchasing the text app, I decided to have a look at all the other products and read what they did. When I saw very clearly that this Text program was packaged up nicely with a few other apps that I thought might come in handy I thought "great buy I will pay the extra and get the lot!!" What a complete waste of time and money!

That is just *censored*!
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2009, 7:34 am

Sorry, but the Overview page of Printfolio has a paragraph about Art Text:
Art Text plug-in will assist you in creating stunning headings and graphical elements for your flyers, business cards, brochures and discs. Usage note about plug-in.

The "Usage note" link tells how Art Text works.

Nick
TanyaA

Postby TanyaA » February 25th, 2009, 8:00 am

Thank you Nick for your response. I think you need to know the path I took which caused me to purchase this product and perhaps you may want to re-visit how you have advertised this product. I watched the tutorial on how to make the letter inside the shape. I made the decision that this was what I wanted. So I went to view what other products you also sell. It was there I saw Printfolio. I clicked onto Print folio and scrolled down to see that it was a lovely bundle of software which included Art Text. WOW - how fantastic is that! I click again on the Art text link within Printfolio and am told again what this program will do. Again, I had no idea what the "plugin" referred to. I clicked on the ART TEXT from here http://www.belightsoft.com/products/printfolio/overview.php where it confirmed again what a wonderful package this is - which includes this fantastic art text program - YOU SOLD ME - I PAID. As far as I am concerned I DID NOT GET WHAT I PAID FOR! I see the "note" about the limited uses now. I conceded that this was still ok as I could still use Art Text in Printfolio - but wouldn't you know it ..... I have the oldest, most antiquated version of art text that does NOTHING of what your website says it does - $164 completely down the drain. Very deceptive.

Tanya
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2009, 9:00 am

Tanya,

There is a possibility to update Art Text 1 to Art Text 2. It is free for users who has purchased this application recently. Please contact our sales department for details:
support@belightsoft.com

Note that a purchase confirmation is required to find out the purchase date.

Nick
TanyaA

Postby TanyaA » March 1st, 2009, 7:59 pm

Thank you again Nick. I have done as you have advised. I have emailed your support site and attached my invoice from Apple Store along with my License number to allow for an upgrade to Art Text 2.

I do understand now that this program can be used to the fullest within the PrintFolio package and I am certainly aware of what the term "plugin" means. My limited knowledge has got me unstuck. A valuable lesson learned.

I have to say that I have been playing some more with the program and think it is quite perfect for what I require for my community work. All in all it really is a lovely package and I am happy to advertise that on the Australian Mac forum. It fills the gap where Microsoft Publisher filled for the Office users. I know a lot of Mac users are looking for something just like it without the complexity and expense. Whilst this is still expensive for us Aussies with the dollar conversion, I believe it is worth considering. Hopefully when the dollar rights itself, more Aussies can take advantage of this package.

Looking forward to hearing from you with regards to the upgrade.

Cheers
Tanya
Nick

Postby Nick » March 2nd, 2009, 4:03 am

Hi Tanya,

In terms of Printfolio, "using Art Text in plug-in mode" means that Art Text extends the functionality of another application and should be opened from that application (using the Art Text tool bar button). Unlike the plug-in, in the stand-alone mode Art Text can work separately.

It is possible to upgrade Art Text 1 to the version 2 on-line:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/versch/vers2form.php
Please e-mail to support@belightsoft.com if you have questions about the upgrade.

Nick
TanyaA

Postby TanyaA » March 2nd, 2009, 7:37 am

Yes, I now understand that Art Text can only work within another Printfolio application. However, can I still upgrade this plugin version to version 2? Or do I have to purchase another copy ot Art Text separately?

I have tried to fill out the online form to upgrade, but it will not accept the Licence number which I have given. I have also emailed this to the support team but to date have not had a response? I also attached a copy of the invoice provided when I purchased the Product.

I am sorry if I am sounding confused. I guess I am. I have a deadline to meet and am using this program which I am happy with, but just would like to upgrade the Art Text version within my printfolio package.

Thanks in advance
Tanya
Nick

Postby Nick » March 2nd, 2009, 9:04 am

However, can I still upgrade this plugin version to version 2?

You need to install Art Text 2. Printfolio programs will use the new version. To use Art Text as a plug-in you don't have to purchase it.

If you wish to use Art Text as a separate program, you need a new license for version 2. We haven't received any email from you. I'm sending a message to you, please reply it with the information you have send before.

Nick
TanyaA

Postby TanyaA » March 2nd, 2009, 8:54 pm

Thanks for this Nick, I have just emailed you for the 4th time - not your fault (LOL) Completely mine as I had the wrong email address! No wonder you weren't getting it! Hopefully you should have it now. Sorry

Tanya

Return to “General”