Additional Clipart Download HELP!

Any other suggestions you may have
Aaronjon

Postby Aaronjon » September 19th, 2007, 11:49 pm

Hi all,

I purchased the Swiftpublisher download version (retail full) which includes the secondary download link for the clipart.

After 4 tries, I continue to download the file, which after downloaded tells me "AdditionalClipart.dmg not recognized."

I can't mount the file! I can't open it or otherwise. Please help! I tried opening the file in disc utility as well... nothing works. Still not recognized.

What can I do?

Aaronjon

ps> Macbook 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB ram OSX 10.4.10
Last edited by Aaronjon on September 19th, 2007, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 20th, 2007, 2:33 am

Hi Aaronjon,

If SwiftPublisher.dmg can be mounted without problems but the clip art cannot, the downloaded AdditionalClipart.dmg may be corrupt.
Try to download it again. Note that download managers usually cope with downloading large files better that web browsers.

If you cannot mount SwiftPublisher.dmg too, probably there is something wrong with the DiskImageMounter.app application.

Nick
Aaronjon

Postby Aaronjon » September 20th, 2007, 11:07 am

Thanks Nick,

I have 2 downloaded copies now on my desktop. 1 through Safari, and 1 I tried through Firefox to see if it made any difference. Both copies downloaded fine, but will not mount.

SwiftPublisher mounts FINE, but the AdditionalClipart.dmg will not mount. It continues to be "not recognized."

It is corrupted, you think? How will a download manager help, and where can I find a good free download manager?

Please help.

Aaron

::EDIT::

I used iGetter download manager, and at 391.52 megs the file stopped downloading, and iGetter reports link as "broken." Additional attempts to download have met with "broken" error.

::edit::
using iGetter, made it to 1057.32 megs. Broken error. arg. please help or rush me a CD.
Last edited by Aaronjon on September 20th, 2007, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 21st, 2007, 4:11 am

Hi Aaronjon,

You can verify the downloaded AdditionalClipart.dmg by comparing the checksums.
To generate a checksum:
1. Open the Terminal application from: Applications/Utilities
2. Type in it: "md5", then press space, then drag and drop the AdditionalClipart.dmg file into the Terminal.
3. Finally press Return and wait until the sum is calculated.

My checksum is
f1bbacae1a9e16680f926560e0d11654
If your one is different, the file is corrupted.

Regarding CD.
We have "Upgrade to -> retail edition in box" option on our Buy page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/buy/swiftpublisher.php

Nick
Aaronjon

Postby Aaronjon » September 21st, 2007, 1:09 pm

Dear Nick,

I appreciate your help on trying to figure this out.

I followed your instructions and the checksum appears to be:
a297e5c7b6ce93aa4e64db4bea5a890b

corrupted, yes? Is the problem occurring in the download, or is it the file itself? Could you send me a new link to the file and I will try it again?

If this doesnt work, I would appreciate it if I did not have to pay more money for something I've already paid for. I understand paying for shipping if the download doesnt work, but this isnt a pebuak error, and if the file is corrupted I should be sent a CD copy.

Aaronjon
Last edited by Aaronjon on September 21st, 2007, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaronjon

Postby Aaronjon » September 23rd, 2007, 2:20 pm

Hi Nick,

I hope this post will help others in the future:

The AdditionalClipart.dmg file would not mount ( error: not recognized ). I tried downloading the file from multiple different links BeLightSoft provided: nothing worked.

Assumption: the download was corrupting the file.

Tried to resolve by installing Download manager(s): ie: "iGetter."

iGetter made my download much faster, but would never complete the download. Error 403 Forbidden.

Tried with both Firefox and Safari. No change.

Finally, installed Opera: Opera allowed a perfect file download, and .dmg file mounted. Same file, same link, different Web Browser, and it solved the problem. No idea why. Assuming some sort of proxy error?

If anyone else has trouble with downloading from BeLightSoft, try Opera first.

Aaronjo
Nick

Postby Nick » September 24th, 2007, 2:39 am

Hi Aaronjon,

Thanks for the solution.

Nick

Return to “General”