Inserting a 1m wide by 2m high on a wall from a slopped roof

Any other suggestions you may have
trek60

Postby trek60 » February 2nd, 2014, 10:07 pm

Hi,
Just purchased your product and love it. I've been trying to add a 1m x 2m Window on a wall bu't can't. I'm working from a slopped roof. Seems the window can insert in the upper section (roof extended) but not in the bottom part (loft wall. In french its called Mansarde).
Thanks for your help.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 3rd, 2014, 3:37 am

Hi trek60,

Technically, you can install a window on any roof segment with sufficient size. If you are working in the 3D view, try to change your position to better view the roof segment. Sometimes it is easier to drag a window from the library and drop directly onto the chosen roof segment.

Nick
trek60

Postby trek60 » February 3rd, 2014, 8:09 pm

Hi,

I've tried that but with no luck. How can I either send you the drawing or a print screen?

Merci!
Nick

Postby Nick » February 4th, 2014, 4:36 am

Hi,

It would be better if you send me your original project. I'll try to insert a window myself. Please send it to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic.

The program can save projects in two formats. You need to use the *.lizd for emailing. To create it select File > Save As in the main menu.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » February 5th, 2014, 11:58 am

Hi,

Thanks for your document.

As I can see, you attempted to install a window in a wall and roof segment at the same time. This is not possible. To install the window of that size, the higher wall in your building must be a single construction element.

A building like yours can be created out of roof segments this way:
1. Draw the floor.
2. Add a Shed roof.
3. Set up the slope angle.
4. Select the sloped segment and add more using the Inspector.
5. Convert lower sloped segment to the Gable type. Now, gables form walls of your house. The larger one is solid. You can place a window where you need.

Nick
trek60

Postby trek60 » February 5th, 2014, 10:10 pm

Super! Got it and works perfectly. Thanks for your great support!

Return to “General”