Live Interior 3D Pro - Library file location - external driv

Any other suggestions you may have
Nick

Postby Nick » September 21st, 2011, 2:45 am

Hi Mike,

You can run the script several times. It does two things:
1. Renames the default customer's library folder from "Live Interior 3D" to "Live Interior 3D - OLD". Thus, you don't lose any data.

To undo what the script has done, delete the alias named "Live Interior 3D", and rename "Live Interior 3D - OLD" back to "Live Interior 3D".

2. Creates the alias and places it instead of the "Live Interior 3D" folder. The alias works like a hyperlink. It can point to one or another file (or folder).

Some warnings:
1. Note that if the path to the shared library changes, the link will become broken, and the program will display the default library.
2. If you create several user's libraries, you can access only one at the same time, and it is not easy to merge them or exchange objects between them. So, I don't recommend using more then one library.
3. I didn't test the program with shared libraries located on USB, FireWire, LAN, online, etc. drives. And to be honest, I'd prefer to not troubleshoot any problems related to such use of Live Interior.
4. If the shared library is not available, but some objects use materials or other its resources, you may have problems such as missing materials in the 3D scene.

Nick
mafotografix

Postby mafotografix » September 21st, 2011, 1:14 pm

Thanks again Nick. I need to keep a copy of this. I will definitely take the advise, especially take heed to the warnings.

Mike

Return to “General”