Bulk image handler and extra keyboard functionality

lfrohling

Postby lfrohling » July 28th, 2006, 2:32 am

Nice program!

I really enjoy using it and use it for most of my image editing. A couple of suggestions which would REALLY help me out...

1) A way to bulk change image files (ie. Select more then one file and change the size of all of them with just a few clicks- this would be ideal if I could select a directory and it would automatically select all the subdirectories in the job queue). You can get the program to write over the existing files or save the new files by creating an identical directory structure and putting the new files in them.

2) Can you add keyboard shortcuts to ALL commands? Like the "Change Size" command and the "Fix Proportion" checkbox.

3) Have a "Preference" selection where I can automatically ask the program to resize the pictures without having to unclick "fix proportion" each time.

Yup, I use this function a LOT and it gets REAL tiring after the 50th (consistant) time.

Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon- my email address is accessable through my profile.

Cheers,
Luke
Nick

Postby Nick » July 28th, 2006, 4:18 am

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your feedback.

1) I think you should not expect adding this functionality in the near future versions. We think, as a rule images need individual settings so adding bulk image editing is not in our supreme plans.

2) and 3) In one of the next versions we will add more shortcuts to the program. The "Fix Proportion" check box will remember its last state.

Nick
lfrohling

Postby lfrohling » July 28th, 2006, 4:23 am

Nick wrote:Hi Luke,

Thanks for your feedback.

1) I think you should not expect adding this functionality in the near future versions. We think, as a rule images need individual settings so adding bulk image editing is not in our supreme plans.

2) and 3) In one of the next versions we will add more shortcuts to the program. The "Fix Proportion" check box will remember its last state.

Nick

OK. Thanks for the quick reply :)
Luke
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » July 28th, 2006, 7:27 am

Hi,

lfrohling wrote:1) A way to bulk change image files (ie. Select more then one file and change the size of all of them with just a few clicks- this would be ideal if I could select a directory and it would automatically select all the subdirectories in the job queue). You can get the program to write over the existing files or save the new files by creating an identical directory structure and putting the new files in them.

I sent a post to this ImageTricks (sub)-forum with a link to a little Automator application I wrote today.
With it you can resize batch of files, rewriting originals or making copies and (why not ;^) opening them in Image Tricks.
There're some limitations but I hope it coulde be usefull for some of us.

lfrohling wrote:2) Can you add keyboard shortcuts to ALL commands? Like the "Change Size" command and the "Fix Proportion" checkbox.

Ah!
Another shortkeys "fanatic" like me! ;^)
I agree with you Luke, more and more shortkeys!
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
lfrohling

Postby lfrohling » July 30th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Jean-Jacques Boutaud wrote:Hi,

lfrohling wrote:1) A way to bulk change image files (ie. Select more then one file and change the size of all of them with just a few clicks- this would be ideal if I could select a directory and it would automatically select all the subdirectories in the job queue). You can get the program to write over the existing files or save the new files by creating an identical directory structure and putting the new files in them.

I sent a post to this ImageTricks (sub)-forum with a link to a little Automator application I wrote today.
With it you can resize batch of files, rewriting originals or making copies and (why not ;^) opening them in Image Tricks.
There're some limitations but I hope it coulde be usefull for some of us.

lfrohling wrote:2) Can you add keyboard shortcuts to ALL commands? Like the "Change Size" command and the "Fix Proportion" checkbox.

Ah!
Another shortkeys "fanatic" like me! ;^)
I agree with you Luke, more and more shortkeys!

He's a legend, isn't he? If anyone is wondering here is the link Jean-Jacques Boutaud is talking about...
http://www.belightsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=64

Return to “Image Tricks”