Image Tricks 3.8 don't get clipboard-pics from keynote

Irgendwer

Postby Irgendwer » September 10th, 2013, 5:58 pm

I often use Keynote together with Image Tricks, where i copy a pic from Keynote to the clipboard and then from there to Image Tricks. With version 3.7 it works pretty, but since version 3.8 this function don't work for me. Therfore I use both versions, 3.7 for working with Keynote and 3.8 for all other things. But I think, it is not a good idea to have always several versions of programs.

What is the matter? Is there a bug? Or is my version ofImage Tricks corrupt?
Nick

Postby Nick » September 11th, 2013, 3:44 am

Hi Irgendwer,

It looks like a bug.

What versions of Mac OS and Keynote do you have?

The problem is that you cannot paste an image from the clipboard when it was copied from Keynote, right? Did you receive any error message?

Can you copy an image from Preview.app and paste it in Image Tricks?

Can you copy an image from Keynote and paste in Preview (use File > New from Clipboard)? If this works, what document type is indicated in the Info pane (press Cmd-I) in the leftmost tab?

If you have an original graphic file that you copied from Keynote to Image Tricks, can the latter open it directly from the hard drive?

Nick
Irgendwer

Postby Irgendwer » September 12th, 2013, 5:14 am

Hi Nick,

I use an iMac with OS X 10.8.4 and Keynote 5.3 (iWork 9), also OS X 10.7.5 and a Mac Pro with 10.6.8. The effect is in each system the same. There are no error messages. I can copy from Keynote and paste in Peview (Keynote builds for that a PDF-File to the clipboard). The problem is that Image Tricks 3.7 handles this fine, but 3.8 don't. Also the files saved with Image Tricks are all ok (this means, what I had copied from Keynote to Image Tricks 3.7 via the clipboard).

Irgendwer
Nick

Postby Nick » September 12th, 2013, 7:26 am

Hi Irgendwer,

Thanks for these details.

On my test computer with the default settings of Image Tricks, the Edit > Paste command gave the bottom left cornet of the default image. I managed to open an image copied from Keynote using the File > New Form Clipboard command. Another way is to turn off OpenGL Acceleration in the program preferences. After restarting Image Tricks, the Paste command worked as well. Please try these methods.

Nick
Irgendwer

Postby Irgendwer » September 15th, 2013, 4:37 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks very much for your answer. I have deactivated the OpenGL Accerlation and now ist works well. It may be that this makes it all a little slower, but I think that is not a really problem.

Irgendwer

Return to “Image Tricks”