problem with resuming downloading

Beta_Zeroid

Postby Beta_Zeroid » November 18th, 2008, 1:20 am

On Sunday, November 16, 2008, I managed to download 15.6 megs out of the presumably downloadable 27.3 megs needed. This is for the most recent version of Business Card Composer (named BBComper.dmg). Anyway, that was as long as my connection lasted before the download aborted. Now on Monday, I attempted to resume downloading, and maybe get the remaining megs of the file. Unfortunately, the resume kept aborting with the message "no permissions to read file."

Is this just a bug that the Macintosh is notorious for?

How do I pick up the remaining megs of the file?

Is there any way to resume downloading a day or two after the initial fragment has been picked up?
Nick

Postby Nick » November 18th, 2008, 5:24 am

Hi Beta_Zeroid,

If your Internet connection allows that, it is better to download the program from scratch in one go.

There is a way to fix permissions. Open Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app
In the First Aid section, select your system volume and click Repair Disk Permissions button.
Also, select the downloaded file in Finder, press Cmd-I to open the Info panel. Check out the Sharing and Permissions section. You should have Read and Write previledge.

Nick
Beta_Zeroid

Postby Beta_Zeroid » November 20th, 2008, 12:09 am

Nick wrote:Hi Beta_Zeroid,

If your Internet connection allows that, it is better to download the program from scratch in one go.

There is a way to fix permissions. Open Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app
In the First Aid section, select your system volume and click Repair Disk Permissions button.
Also, select the downloaded file in Finder, press Cmd-I to open the Info panel. Check out the Sharing and Permissions section. You should have Read and Write previledge.

Nick

Thanks, you've been very helpful.

I've gotten the file now.

Return to “Business Card Composer”