Postby yennta » June 13th, 2008, 4:56 pm

I import a tiff from Photoshop.
It looks great.
I print it.
It looks great.
Then I save it.
Then it turns blurry.
When I reopen it it is still blurry.
Every time I want to use this image, I have to re-import it from photoshop -- AND NOT SAVE IT. Why is this happening.
Nick

Postby Nick » June 14th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Hi yennta,

Have you modified that TIFF image in Business Card Composer? I mean applying masks, or Core Image filters in the Image tricks plug-in.

Try to open the original Photoshop image in the Preview application and choose File > Save As to save its copy. Are the original and a copy equal?

Will a copy created in Preview.app change when you save it in a BCC document?

Nick
yennta

Postby yennta » June 14th, 2008, 3:24 pm

The image in photoshop is smaller than the image in BCC. I always have to stretch it. Would it change things if I made it exactly the right size in photoshop?

(the preview is gorgeous -- until I save it as a BCC document; then it turns blurry.)
Nick

Postby Nick » June 16th, 2008, 1:39 am

Would it change things if I made it exactly the right size in photoshop?

It shouldn't but why not to try.

When you reopen the document and see a blurry image, does it print blurry? Note that the screen resolution is lower than your printer has.

As far as I see, your image is larger than the card design requires. If you enlarge the blurry image up to the original size (click Original Size button in Inspector -> Geometry), will the image look fine?

Nick
yennta

Postby yennta » June 17th, 2008, 12:54 am

Oh! Original size. I just kept making the photoshop image bigger thinking it would finally fit on the card, but it always came out small. I didn't know about "(click Original Size button in Inspector -> Geometry)." But even without that, the picture finally stopped going blurry. Came out great. Thanks so much.

Return to “Business Card Composer”