Just an idea

Paul

Postby Paul » December 14th, 2006, 8:31 am

I have just started to use the BCC and find that its simplicity is ideal for our walk-in customers who need cards for tomorrow, the templates have made my job easier/quicker. I wondered however whether we can transfer information from BCard Assistant's form, to the Address Book as this would save us from inputting twice?
Also, some fields in Address Book - title, dept, etc are not carried over into the form in Assistant, is this an error in Address Book or just me laying out the fields incorrectly in Address Book?
Nick

Postby Nick » December 14th, 2006, 9:12 am

Hi,
To avoid inputting data twice, you can add information in he Address Book and then use it in BCC.

BCC uses information from those fields at the last step of the Assistant, which are present in the card template. If, for example, you typed in a fax number when the template does not have the Fax field, the program will not save the information for the case you add the field later.

Again, the better way is to add contact information in the Address Book before you start working with BCC.

Nick
Paul

Postby Paul » December 14th, 2006, 10:04 am

First step address book, second Bcc, it is a shame it cannot be both ways, maybe next year?

Thanks for replying so quickly
Nick

Postby Nick » December 14th, 2006, 11:47 am

I'm not sure we will add the functionality you suggest. Our developers will consider your idea, but we don't want to make any kind of contact manager from BCC. This will complicate the program.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”