Multiple cards on same page

erbug

Postby erbug » January 24th, 2008, 12:53 pm

I have figured out how to get multiple cards on the same page. I wanted to ask, I'm I correct in that you have to create multiple documents for each card? Let me explain what I'm wanting to do...

I make Bible verse scripture cards. Say I want to make 10 different cards to pass out to each person. Can I not just save these ten cards as one document? Or do they have to each be saved individually? Seems like you could insert new cards into the same document and have the choice to copy the formating over from card to card so that you don't have to recreate everything each time you make a different card that you just want some text changed.

Is there a way to do this?
Nick

Postby Nick » January 25th, 2008, 3:30 am

Business Card Composer keeps one card in a single document. Normally, you create 10 documents and then use the Print Multiple Designs function. If your cards have similar design or information, you can create one card, duplicate it and then modify copies.

Note that BCC has another function: File > Print For Several People. The difference is following. Print Multiple Designs prints independent cards saved as separate documents.
Print For Several People uses the same card, but inserts different information. This was intended to print cards where graphics and text location is constant, but text is different for each card (example – cards for workers of the same company). BCC takes contact information (text to replace) from the Address Book.
Maybe this will be helpful for you.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”