Copying/Exporting Logo

Amy

Postby Amy » November 3rd, 2006, 7:00 pm

I created a logo in business card composer. Obviously, I'd like to use it on my website and other deliverables. I've tried everything I know to be able to copy just the logo vs. the entire card. Alternatively, I need to find a way to reproduce the "swoosh" I created using the software's basic shapes. I don't seem to be able to find the "band" shape anywhere else on the web. Help!
Amy
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » November 4th, 2006, 7:33 am

Hi,
To be able to use your logo in another project/application (as a website), try this:
- select all parts of your logo, using the shift key to select multiple objects or click then drag the mouse over the objects you want select
- then copy them in the clipboard (Command-C)
- open Preview.app
- and create a new document from the clipboard content (Command-N)
- your logo would be now in a new document window as a pdf file
From now, you can export it to "any" file format supported by QuickTime (from jpeg to tiff, png…)
You can also crop or assign new color profile if you need so.
If you want to resize your logo or apply some effects/CI filters to it, use Image Tricks and create a new document with File>New From Clipboard (Command-Shift-N).

Finding a specific file from the 23000+ clipart files is really time consuming but you may try this:
- save your BCC file
- using ctrl-click on the file icon, select "Display package content" from the contextual menu (I'm not sure that's the right English label because I use Mac OS X in French)
- the content of this folder is all the files used in your BCC document, the doc.thread is a xml file containing all the texts and formating datas and the other ones are the graphics ones
- select the graphic files and open them in Preview.app
- browse the files and find the one you're looking for
- from now, you have to find the right file in the ClipArts folder using its filename
- this folder is located here:
/Library/Application Support/BeLight Software/ClipArt/Images/
The Library folder is the one located at the root of your system hard disk not the one in your Home folder.
Caution: don't change/edit the files in the BCC package as they are used in your BCC document!
Of course, you may duplicate them using Alt key + drag and drop.
Notice that Smart Shapes are in a folder named BasicShapes (?!) and are jpeg files not pdf ones as the Basic Shapes are (a little confusing, no? ;^)
Hope this helps.
Last edited by Jean-Jacques Boutaud on November 4th, 2006, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Amy

Postby Amy » November 4th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Jean-Jacques,
You're my hero. Yet another reason for me to love the French ... the best VP I ever worked for was French. I tried numerous components of your solution, but not in the correct sequence. What you suggested worked perfectly the first time! Thank you so much. (And your English is perfect.)
Amy (Connell)
Marketing Counsel.net
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » November 6th, 2006, 10:43 am

You know what?
I love this forum ;^)
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website

Return to “Business Card Composer”