Disc Cover 3.0.3 (v635).......

Philipbeames

Postby Philipbeames » April 14th, 2011, 6:58 am

Mac OSX Version 10.6.7, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 SDRAM.
Problem : Programme froze after 1 hour in editing, had to force quit to get out. This is on the 2nd day since initial download of programme, just after 635 update was installed. Coincidence? Anyway, all I get now is 'Assistant' when I fire it up, can do all that is on Assistant, but I cannot get from Assistant to 'Editing' page. When I select 'New Blank' or 'Open Recent', the screen goes blank or I select 'Finish' and nothing happens.
Is it me or is it a problem in the programme?
Help.......
Phil.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 14th, 2011, 7:08 am

Hi,

On my computer there is no problem with the Assistant. Please repeat the problem (when clicking on "New Blank" doesn't open a blank document). Then save the console log and send it to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this discussion.

To save the console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose File > Open Console Log. Then choose File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

To fix the problem, try to delete the program preferences file:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover3.plist

Nick
Philipbeames

Postby Philipbeames » April 14th, 2011, 8:49 am

Nick,
Deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover3.plist into trash and emptying, allows me to go from Assistant to 'Editing', but I have to re-enter my license number, and within minutes of doing this, the screen freezes, and com.belightsoft.DiscCover3.plist is back in ~/Library/Preferences, I have tried several times now, same thing, I cannot delete the mongrel. Any tips..

Cheers,
Phil.
Philipbeames

Postby Philipbeames » April 14th, 2011, 9:15 am

Nick,

Just forwarded Console log as email attachment to support@belightsoft.com
I have been in touch with Yevgen over last 3-4 days with regards to this problem but no luck yet.

Cheers,
Phil.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 14th, 2011, 10:17 am

Thanks for the info and log. It seems to be a problem with the resources of the program. Try to delete the application together with the preferences file and install the program from scratch. Maybe something went wrong when you updated the application.

Please download Disc Cover using this link:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/belightsoft/DiscCover.dmg

Nick
Philipbeames

Postby Philipbeames » April 15th, 2011, 6:36 am

Nick,

Done all that, downloaded off your link, is working good, just spent about 3 hours on there and completed a DVD Cover to print, no freezing, no problem at all. Thanks to your time and effort, also Yevgen. Would have responded earlier, but I did have to go to work. Thanks again, it is a great programme to work with and I have a power of things to learn from it.....

Cheers,
Phil.

Return to “Disc Cover”