Selecting iTunes library

delsimcox

Postby delsimcox » February 1st, 2011, 7:23 am

I just downloaded the demo - and watched the excellent tutorials. When I try to access my iTunes library, it loads the library on my internal HD by default. I want to access the library on an external hard drive - where my playlists reside. I'm not able to do that with the File:Open menu - When I navigate to the external hard drive, the iTunes library is greyed out. I closed iTunes, but that didn't change anything.

How can I load an external iTunes library?
Nick

Postby Nick » February 1st, 2011, 7:29 am

Our software can access the library that opens in iTunes by default. To choose another library, select it in iTunes. Open its Preferences (Cmd-,), go to the Advanced tab and click the Change button.

Nick
delsimcox

Postby delsimcox » February 1st, 2011, 8:44 am

Thanks for the reply, Nick. My default iTunes library is the one on the external drive.
Maybe I am viewing the default library in Disk Cover - but only 8 of the 30 + playlists are visible in the Assistant (Select Playlist or Titles to import from iTunes). I'm unable to select the Playlist that I want to use.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 1st, 2011, 10:08 am

What if you choose iTunes in the Source panel in the main window? Will all playlists be there?

Try to select the "Use AppleScript..." check box in the Importing tab of the Preferences. Does this change anything?

Is there any difference between playlists that are and aren't listed in Assistant? (names in non-English letters, too long and so on).

The playlists which were displayed in the Assistant, do the go one after another in iTunes or mixed with missing ones?

Nick
delsimcox

Postby delsimcox » February 1st, 2011, 7:58 pm

I got it working I think selecting AppleScript made the difference. The application crashed, but when I relaunced it, it displayed all of my play lists correctly.

Does Disk Cover 3 have the ability to read the song meta data directly from the CD, or do I need to always use the playlist in iTunes to capture this info?
Nick

Postby Nick » February 2nd, 2011, 4:57 am

Disk Cover can send the disc ID to online audio CD database and then display the received information. To use this feature, you should select Audio CD in the Source panel.

If the program crashes again, please send the crash log (copy it from the pop-up crash reporter) and send to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”