Disc Calibration Problem - Epson Artisan 810

KentRock61

Postby KentRock61 » December 16th, 2010, 2:23 am

Hi -

When I print a full coverage disc label, it leaves a thin white (unprinted) band near the top of the disc every time. I printed out a calibration sheet under Calibrate Printer and it looks fine. I've tried changing the calibration anyway, but when I go to print my next disc, nothing changes. It doesn't matter how much I alter the calibration, it never changes the way the disc prints. Is there a reason for this...or better yet, a fix?

I have Disc Cover 3 and an Intel iMac running OS X version 10.5.8.

Thanks -
Kent
Nick

Postby Nick » December 16th, 2010, 4:15 am

Hi Kent,

Since the white band appears at the top, you should move the picture in the calibration preview upwards. Or, what is more precise, set Vertical to the value on the printed ruler where it is crossed by the edge of the printable area. Once it is done, close the calibration dialog and print your label. Entering the calibration values doesn't affect the position of rulers printed next time.

Nick
KentRock61

Postby KentRock61 » December 16th, 2010, 11:24 pm

When I print the calibration sheet, it shows that the calibration is perfect. However, as I described in my first post, there is a white band at the top of the printed disc. I have adjusted the vertical alignment all over the place and it doesn't change anything on the printed disc. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the adjustments aren't being relayed to the printer. No matter what I change, the disc prints out the exact same way every time.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 17th, 2010, 5:44 am

Make sure that you print the calibration and label at the same conditions:
- same printer is selected in the calibration and print dialogs;
- same media,
- in both cases the Presets pop-up menu in the print dialog is set to Standard;
- the same print quality.

A white band can also appear if the print area of the disc is larger than the layout. In this case, the white band must be present around the label (not only at the top). This can be fixed by increasing the Outer Diameter parameter in the Design Element tab of the Inspector.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”