calibration problem with Canon MP600

johnrz

Postby johnrz » September 6th, 2010, 3:08 pm

I hvve an MP 600 and it is printing off centre on the disc. I have downloaded the most recent update from Disc Cover, re-calibrated printer, which shows perfect calibration on test print, but still prints duds! Can anyone help me please?
Nick

Postby Nick » September 7th, 2010, 2:52 am

Hi,

1. You mentioned that you have "perfect calibration". Does this mean that the on the printed calibration sheet the zero points of the horizontal and vertical rulers are exactly on the edge of a disc label or cover?

2. Assuming that you have calibrated your printer, do you print your design on the paper of the same type, with the same quality settings?

Please make sure you have the Standard preset in the system print dialog, and no scaling is set there.

Nick
johnrz

Postby johnrz » September 7th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Nick, it prints perfectly on paper, but when I use printable disc it is off. I have used a blank disc in the print tray on a Canon MP600 and adjusted the horizontal & vertical to the printed marks on the disc. However, the result does not change after I do this. It is like the calibration adjustments are not being recognised by the software?

I have had to try and calibrate through the print menu, as I can only access "calibrate printer" through there. It is greyed out in the file menu. I have switched the Assistant off and it is still greyed out.

I have also tried a Canon MP610(different drivers) and the problem persists, so it is not the printer.

I am using Mac 10.5.8 and Disc Cover 2.3.3 v478
Nick

Postby Nick » September 8th, 2010, 2:11 am

I have used a blank disc in the print tray on a Canon MP600 and adjusted the horizontal & vertical to the printed marks on the disc. However, the result does not change after I do this. It is like the calibration adjustments are not being recognised by the software?

Probably you print that calibration sheet again and again. The calibration procedure doesn't change the way the calibration sheet is printed. Print your design. For a test print, you can print on a disc used for calibration.

I have had to try and calibrate through the print menu, as I can only access "calibrate printer" through there. It is greyed out in the file menu. I have switched the Assistant off and it is still greyed out.

It looks like you haven't selected the appropriate disc tray at that moment. 1. In the Design Element tab (Cmd-1) of the Inspector, click on the Change Layout button.
2. In the Manufacturer pop-up choose Canon.
3. Select Canon tray type F, G in the list and click OK. Now the calibration in the menu must be enabled. With the Assistant open, the calibration feature is disabled in the menu.

Nick
johnrz

Postby johnrz » September 15th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Hello Nick
I have done as instructed. I can now access the Calibration function through the file menu. Have printed a test disc, adjusted the calibration and re-printed by clicking print calibration sheet, changing print settings in Quality Media to "printable disc" with no change resulting in the final print.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 16th, 2010, 8:19 am

Inputting the calibration values doesn't affect the calibration sheet printed the next time. It will always display the actual offset. To see that calibration did work, print your design.

Nick
johnrz

Postby johnrz » September 17th, 2010, 3:50 am

Following what you say, it still prints off, so I tried changing the calibration settings back to zero & it worked! I don't understand, but it works! I have wasted about 10 discs, a heap of ink and a good hour of mucking around though! Not impressed!

Return to “Disc Cover”