Consecutive labels

Poppy

Postby Poppy » August 11th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Hi
I am new to the forum and the software so hope someone can help.
I have figured out how to mail merge, but can anyone tell me how I print consecutive labels on one sheet i.e. January, February March etc.
I have tried importing from numbers (I have a Mac) without success
Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » August 12th, 2010, 5:46 am

Hi Poppy,

You should create a print list. The original information can be from Numbers (version 2 or higher). Then you add imported information to a print list and print using the merge printing mode.

When you import form Numbers, Labels & Addresses asks you to specify a file with data. The Numbers application opens (you have to have this program installed), and sends information to Labels & Addresses. The latter displays a dialog box where you should link internal data fields with the information you import. Then imported data appears in the laft panel in the program.

Following my description, at what step you experience the problem?

Nick
Poppy

Postby Poppy » August 12th, 2010, 6:23 am

Hi Nick

Thanks for this, I will have another go and let you know the results
Poppy
Poppy

Postby Poppy » August 12th, 2010, 9:11 am

Hi Nick
Sorry for being dense, but I have not had any luck so far.
This is what I have done
I have created a numbers file with a cell for each month i.e January February etc going horizontally across the numbers sheet and saved this.
I then open Labels and Addreses, go to Recipients and then numbers.
The spreadsheet I have created opens OK but when I click on import, although I can see the file and it opens, when I click on import, nothing happens and all I can see is No name in the left panel where names usually appear.
Hope this explanation is clear.
Thank you
Poppy
Nick

Postby Nick » August 12th, 2010, 9:37 am

Labels & Addresses is aimed to work with contact information. To distinguish imported data, the left panel displays names from contacts. When the name is absent "No Name" is there.

Since the data you import is not relates to contacts, Labels & Addresses leaves the First Name and last Name fields empty. To see month in the left panel, link the month column of your Numbers document with either first or last name data field. You should do this in the grid described on this page at step 4:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/labelsaddresses/LAHelp/import_text_excel.html

Nick
Poppy

Postby Poppy » August 12th, 2010, 10:47 am

Hi Nick

Success !
Thank you so much for your help. Very much appreciated.
My next task is to create address labels from quite a large spreadsheet so I may need assistance on it - when I have summoned the nerve to try it.
Thank you again
P

Return to “Disc Cover”