sloooooow printing with Snow Leopard and Epson Artisan 710

ericphotog

Postby ericphotog » April 5th, 2010, 5:04 pm

I've installed your updated software (2.3.2)
I've installed all my mac updates.
I still have to wait 8 or 9 minutes for my print dialogue box to appear. In the meantime, it forgets that there's a CD in the drawer and I don't get the option of printing a CD.... very frustrating. Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » April 6th, 2010, 4:28 am

Hi,

It's not a good idea to break one discussion and begin another. This makes troubleshooting more difficult.

Can print normally from other applications, for instance, Preview.app or TextEdit.app? Does the Epson's utility responds quicker when you print a disc label?

In Disc Cover, when the system print dialog is activated, click the Preview button. Will the Preview display your label instantly? What will happen if you start printing it from Preview?

Nick
ericphotog

Postby ericphotog » April 6th, 2010, 12:45 pm

I can print normally in all other programs.
It takes nearly 8 or 9 minutes for the print dialogue to appear. When it finally does, I'll try the preview button, but my issue is with the wait for the print dialogue and the spinning beach ball.
Sorry for breaking the thread. I was on a deadline to print some labels and didn't feel I had the time to search for a thread.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 7th, 2010, 4:20 am

The problem can be caused by the printer driver. There are two alternatives: Apple's drivers and Epson's drivers. Some users use successfully one of them, others use the second. You can try to re-install the driver. Or wait until the next version of Disc Cover is out. The developers are going to research what causes the delay before printing.

Please check the Console log after printing a label in Disc Cover. In in the end of the log there are lines related to Disc Cover, please post them in the forum or send to support@belightsoft.com This information may help us better understand the problem.

To save the Console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose File > Open Console Log. Then choose File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”