Importing image from photoshop

caligula

Postby caligula » January 6th, 2010, 7:02 pm

I am thinking about purchasing the business card composer software. I am totally unfamiliar with it. Can I import a business card that I designed in photoshop, a psd file, and have it print out in business card composer? The card was designed in CS3.

Will this software work on Staples inkjet business cards paper designed for Avery or is there some paper that works better on a mac? When I opened the Staples matte white heavyweight paper it seemed kind of shoddy and flimsy to me so I would prefer a better paper. Any recommendations on paper?

Thanks for your help.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 7th, 2010, 5:20 am

Hi caligula,

To transfer your design from an Adobe application to Business Card Composer, you can use PDF, PNG and TIFF formats. The resolution should be 400-600dpi or higher. You will insert the exported image into a blank Business Card Composer document, select paper and print.

If cards were printed with offset, you should run calibration to fix this (File > Calibrate Printer).

The program supports many types of business card papers. You can choose an appropriate one by name or size (File > Change Layout).

You can download a trial version of the program:
http://www.belightsoft.com/download/download.php#bccomposer

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”