Disk Cover dies after hitting the Finish button

Venom
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: June 29th, 2009, 12:45 pm

Postby Venom » June 29th, 2009, 1:02 pm

Just installed the Disk Cover 2 that came with Toast Titanium. It runs and imports iTunes library, but when the Wizard finishes and I click "Finish" in order to see the result of what I created, the application quits without saving anything.
It will die if I choose any template and even if I select "New Blank".
Anything that I can do?
Nick
Member
Posts: 7241
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 3:13 am
Location: Odessa, Ukraine
Contact:

Postby Nick » June 30th, 2009, 2:58 am

Hi Venom,

What version of the operating system and Disc Cover you have?
To define the Mac Os version, select "Apple > About This Mac" from the main menu.
To find out the version of Disc Cover, select it in Finder and press Cmd-I.

What to do:
1. Try to open an empty document in Disc Cover. Before this, just for the case, move the Disc Cover preferences file to the Desktop. The preferences file is located in user's library. Follow this path:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover2.plist
Then, launch Disc Cover and click the New Blank button in the Wizard (we call it Assistant).
Will the program open fine?

2. If the program quits, send me please the crash and console logs (see 3). If a blank document opens correctly, try to open a template. Don't proceed to the second step of the Assistant. Click Finish at step 1 where you choose the design.

Again, if the program quits, send me logs. If it doesn't, try to select a template and then import a track list from iTunes.

3. Crash and console logs. Send them to support@belightsoft.com
The crash log is displayed right after the program crashes in the crash reporter window. Copy all text from this window and paste in your e-mail.
To save the Console log, start the Console application from the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. Then select "File > Save a Copy As" from the menu.

Nick
Venom
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: June 29th, 2009, 12:45 pm

Postby Venom » June 30th, 2009, 4:55 pm

Nick wrote:Hi Venom,

What version of the operating system and Disc Cover you have?

Mac OS X 10.5.7

Nick wrote:What to do:
1. Try to open an empty document in Disc Cover. Before this, just for the case, move the Disc Cover preferences file to the Desktop. The preferences file is located in user's library. Follow this path:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover2.plist
Then, launch Disc Cover and click the New Blank button in the Wizard (we call it Assistant).
Will the program open fine?

Nope. Still dying when I click. =(

Nick wrote:2. If the program quits, send me please the crash and console logs (see 3). If a blank document opens correctly, try to open a template. Don't proceed to the second step of the Assistant. Click Finish at step 1 where you choose the design.

Still dying.

Nick wrote:Again, if the program quits, send me logs. If it doesn't, try to select a template and then import a track list from iTunes.

3. Crash and console logs. Send them to support@belightsoft.com
The crash log is displayed right after the program crashes in the crash reporter window. Copy all text from this window and paste in your e-mail.
To save the Console log, start the Console application from the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. Then select "File > Save a Copy As" from the menu.

Nick

Actually there's no crash screen. The program just exits. No message shown at all. =(
Nick
Member
Posts: 7241
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 3:13 am
Location: Odessa, Ukraine
Contact:

Postby Nick » July 1st, 2009, 2:47 am

Thanks for information. I believe that the console log contains information related to the problem. Unfortunately it is kept too long in the log and you have to repeat the crash to get the error messages appear in the log again.
To save the console log use the Console.app application. Here you can find details about logs:
http://www.nickshubin.com/articles/mac/bug_reporting.html#logs

How do you start Disc Cover? As a stand-alone application (from Finder) or from Toast (Extras > Disc Cover 2 RE)? If you used the second way, try the first. The program is located in the Toast Titanum folder inside the Applications folder.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests