Surething US Jewel Case Template

sc285

Postby sc285 » May 29th, 2009, 10:54 pm

Okay, I am a little confused.
The paper I am using has the CD cover tearout on the top, and the CD insert tearout below it. BUT, when designing the cover and insert, I have to do it in 2 separate templates? And then when I print it I have to run it through the printer twice - once to do the top and then again to do the bottom? Or am I missing something?
AND, if I have to do it this way, and save the work, am I saving it as 2 separate files or does the software "know" that the two templates are saved together as like in a project?
I just tried printing a blank sample on a plain piece of paper, and printing the dotted lines, and both times, it only printed the cover, not the insert lines.
So what gives here? I am used to other programs showing both templates on the same work area, and printing the page on the paper only once.

Help....
Nick

Postby Nick » May 30th, 2009, 10:54 am

Hi sc285,

A Disc Cover document can contain several CD covers, disc labels, etc. called in the program "design element". You can add a CD cover and the CD insert in the same document. Two separate files cannot be linked in one project.

For example, you have a document with a CD cover design. In the main menu select "File > Design Element > Add > " and choose a new design element. Below the main toolbar, there is a smaller toolbar. The "+" button in it also lets add more design elements. The icons of the added design elements are displayed in the toolbar. Click on them to activate.

When you print, the Print dialog displays the design thumbnails on the left and the paper preview on the right. Drag thumbnails onto paper to have them printed on the same paper sheet.

We have several screencasts showing how to use Disc Cover. Maybe you will find them helpful:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/disccover/screencasts.php

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”