Printing directly onto CD with Canon Pixma ip4200

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » August 9th, 2006, 5:54 am

When I try to print directly onto a CD in the CD feed tray, with Canon iP4200, I get an error message asking me to close the CD tray drawer! These are the steps I am taking to print:
1. I choose File, Page Setup, choose "Format for": iP4200 and "Paper Size": CD-R Tray C.
2. Menu, File, Print. "Paper": Canon iP4200 Full Coverage (I have also tried Canon iP4200). "Printer": iP4200
3. Press Print and try to print, get iP4200 printer error: Error number 1851, Printing cannot be executed because the inner Cover is open. Close the inner cover, and then press the RESUME button on the printer. Printing will restsrt.
How do I get it to print onto the CD directly? Somehow I need to choose the print to the CD-R Tray. Any help is appreciated.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 9th, 2006, 10:29 am

1. When the system print dialog is open, explore the drop-down menu with printer settings. There should be media type selector. It must be set to CD/DVD.

2. After the printer is turned on, wait until its initialisation get finished. Only then open printer cover to insert the CD tray.
Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » August 10th, 2006, 1:04 am

Thanks for the help. The option to choose printing onto the cd/dvd was not available, so I installed the latest drivers from Canon and it worked great!
Thanks for a great product!

Return to “Disc Cover”