Unable to open template editor

Jake

Postby Jake » April 27th, 2009, 10:10 am

Hi,

I am new to disc cover and am having some problems.

The programme was originally installed over two weeks ago and I have produced both DVD covers and DVD Case covers.

I have now gone back in to the programme to create more, however when I click on the DVD Standard Set Template it will not allow me to select it and when I click finish the screen goes blank and I am just left with the bar at the top.

Whenever I try and open up a file I have previously created it just opens up a blank white screen.

Is anyone able to help me? I need to get the programme working urgently for work purposes.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

Jake
Nick

Postby Nick » April 28th, 2009, 2:45 am

Hi Jake,

Does it happen in the new Disc Cover 2.3.1 too?
What version of Mac OS is running on your computer?

What happens when you try to select the template? You click on its name in the left pane. The name becomes selected and blank disc and covers appear in the preview. You click Finish. The template opens. At which step the program doesn't work?

Nick
Jake

Postby Jake » April 28th, 2009, 7:57 am

Hi Nick,

I have Disc Cover 2.1.1

The Mac I use is not connected to the internet and has to remain this for work purposes, so I cant download any updates if there are any available.

The Mac OS is 10.5.6.

When I select the template it does everything you said, however when I click finish everything disappears and I'm just left with the disc cover bar at the top.

Its really confusing me because the programme worked fine before!

Jake
Nick

Postby Nick » April 28th, 2009, 8:33 am

The best solution is to install the program from scratch.
For this, delete:
1. Disc Cover application from the Applications folder.
2. The "Disc Cover" folder from your home library folder:
~/Library/Application Support/BeLight Software/

Then install the newest version
http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/175012-P03N/DiscCover.dmg
It is possible to download the program onto other computer and copy the downloaded file to your computer.
Alternatively, if you have the installation package of the version 2.1.1, re-install Disc Cover 2.1.1.

In most cases, the missing content problems are solved by re-installing the software.
There is a little chance that the problem is not related to the content. Try to delete the preferences file "com.belightsoft.DiscCover2.plist" file from the user's library folder "~/Library/Preferences/". If this doesn't help, run Disc Cover, do everything you do to open the DVD template. After the problem repeats again, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "File > Save a Copy As" in the menu of Console to save the log. The log may contain Disc Cover error messages. Send the log to support@belightsoft.com or post it in the forum.

Nick
Jake

Postby Jake » April 28th, 2009, 9:29 am

Nick,

I deleted the programme and reinstalled with the updated version from the link you provided - Problem solved!

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Jake

Return to “Disc Cover”