Printing to the center

cain772

Postby cain772 » December 1st, 2008, 12:44 am

Is there a way I can print all the way to the center of the disc with DC 2.2? I hate having a nice printed DVD with a white ring. I am using an Epson Stylus Photo RX595 on Mac OS 10.5.5.
cain772

Postby cain772 » December 1st, 2008, 1:47 am

Never mind, I found the answer to my first question. There is an adjustment setting in the Inspector and with trail and error; I got DC to print to the center.
sadman

Postby sadman » January 19th, 2009, 8:27 pm

Hi Cain772, I am also experiencing the same thing. I have the Epson R1800 and I just got DC to print to the edges, but now I am trying to get it to print to the middle. How did you adjust it to work? I have tried all the inside circle settings and there is still a large white ring in the center that I cannnot print within.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 20th, 2009, 7:21 am

Hi sadman,

If you have the even white ring in the middle, open the Design Element tab of Inspector (Cmd-1) and decrease the Inner Diameter.

In case that the white (unprinted) ring is not centered, you should calibrate the printer (File > Calibrate Printer) and then adjust Inner Diameter.

Nick
Salsero58

Postby Salsero58 » May 11th, 2009, 1:41 pm

I have adjsuted the "Inner Diameter" setting but to no avail. The CD still prints with a large blank ring in the center and will not print to the core center.

I am using the Bravo II Primera Technology CD direct printer. I have selected the Printerable Disc (Full Coverage) Page and all indications (Print Preview) suggest it will print to the center, but does not.

Other than the sugesstions already provided is there anything else I may be able to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salsero58
Nick

Postby Nick » May 12th, 2009, 10:41 am

Hi Salsero58,

The standard Print dialog lets to open the disc label in the system preview. If the inner diameter changes there, Disc Cover works correctly.
Check the printer driver properties. Probably it has own diameter settings.

Nick
Salsero58

Postby Salsero58 » May 12th, 2009, 11:31 am

Nick,

Size of inner diameter does change on screen when using the Inspector.

After I select print and select the format, the disc shows the correct diameter settings for the job and the preview agrees that it will print to the center.

When I get to the print menu it shows the preview that it will rpint to the center.

So far, so good. When it prints it will not print to the center.

I have not been able to find the printer driver settings on the mac (bear with me, its my first mac) but the printer setting I did find did not show diameter options.

Thanks for your prompt reply and thanks for your help.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 13th, 2009, 3:32 am

Size of inner diameter does change on screen when using the Inspector.

If the disc template on the canvas didn't change, possibly you adjusted the "Inner Diameter" not in the Sizes section in the Inspector but the "Inner Diameter" in the Margins section. The first (Sizes) changes the disc template size when the second (Margins) changes the diameter of the dashed lines that show the margin area.

Nick
Salsero58

Postby Salsero58 » May 13th, 2009, 2:23 pm

Nick,

I am sure I changed the inner diameter on the size section. I have Printable Disc selected with Size of 4.724 Outer Diameter and .71 Inner Diameter.

On the print Menu I have

Output: Direct to CD/DVD
Tray Type: Primera CD/DVD Full Face

On the page just before it prints I have:

Printer: Primera
Presets: Full Face CD/DVD

Still prints like the old standard CD/DVD with a large empty section in the middle.

I really appreciate your help but I think I will re-connect the printer to the PC I used to have hooked up to and will use the PC to print lables on the CD/DVDs.

Disc Cover looked promising but I will go back to PC Surething Labling program which works great with this printer.

Again, much appreciate your quick responses and help.

Salsero58
Nick

Postby Nick » May 14th, 2009, 3:23 am

Try to increase the Bleeds parameter in the Disc Cover print dialog. Note that this setting affects the inner and outer diameters together.
Please make sure that you are using the last version of Disc Cover.
Do you have the standard or RE edition?
Maybe you should update the printer driver. Your Mac and PC computers may have different version of the driver.

Nick
Salsero58

Postby Salsero58 » May 14th, 2009, 8:49 am

Nick,

Thanks for the inputs.

I downloaded the latest MAC driver from the Primera web page just before I installed Disc Cover to ensure the Bravo II CD printer would Work correctly. Loaded the driver and conducted a quick check.

I could change the bleeds but right now I have too large of an area left untouched in the center. Changing the bleeds would require too great a change and would really impact the outer diameter.

I agree that maybe the print driver I am using is the cause of my problems. Deciding to move the printer back to the PC and continue to use it as before was based on the fact that I was already using the most current driver I could find. Not much else one can do.

I am currently using the standard program which I received through the mail on a CD. I updated the Disc Cover program as well but no change on the problem.

Thanks to all for your support and quick responses.

Salsero58
Ajax

Postby Ajax » July 30th, 2010, 6:51 am

Quite late reply but... the thing is that Primera drivers uses own values for the inner diameter and outer margin. You can reveal & adjust these settings clicking as on the attached screenshot: 1) open extended settings - click arrow next to the printer; 2) switch to the Publisher settings; 3) set needed values;
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
klemp

Postby klemp » July 24th, 2011, 6:32 pm

How do you do this in the newest version of disc cover?
Trying to print to Bravo II, but cant get full coverage of the disc.

Please and thanks!
Nick

Postby Nick » July 25th, 2011, 4:58 am

Hi klemp,

Try the way described above. Set the inner and outer disc diameters in the Inspector of Disc Cover. If the driver of Bravo has the disc dimensions, input the appropriate values.

Nick
klemp

Postby klemp » July 25th, 2011, 8:13 pm

I have tried everything described...my print drop down does not have the triangle next to the printer name as shown in the screenshot above.

Help is greatly appreciated.
I cannot find anything within the print settings in the system preferences.

Return to “Disc Cover”