Disc Cover RE hangs

blocktek

Postby blocktek » April 17th, 2014, 11:21 am

Using Disc Cover Roxio Edition Version 3.0.10 (v670) on a Mid 2007 Imac, running Mavericks, 10.9.2.
Every time I try to save a project, I get a spinning beachball hang. Force quitting is my only solution. Unable to successfully save a project.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 18th, 2014, 2:49 am

Hi blocktek,

Please try this. Open the program, close all documents and open one of templates. Save it. If no problems took place, the saving issue can be linked with your document (see below). If a template cannot be saved as well, the program may be damaged. Reinstalling it can help in such case.

Just for the case, check if other programs can save files (a text editor for instance). Maybe there is a problem with the hard drive, or there is no enough free space.

If only your document cannot be saved, please provide these details:
1. Were you able to save your document ever? Or the problem happens every time you create it from the scratch?

2. If you couldn't save the document in the beginning of your work, or after reopening and making some changes, what did you do? Maybe adding some image or changing the properties of some objects cause the program hang. Then tell what you did.

One of possible actions that can make a similar problem is adding to the document too large images. A solution is to create a smaller copy of the image (decrease the size in pixels) for using it in Disc Cover.

3. Repeat the problem to refresh the error messages in the log. Then send your log to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic. If your document is small enough, attach it to your message.

Nick
blocktek

Postby blocktek » April 18th, 2014, 10:21 am

Thanks for your prompt response.
Reinstalling and restarting the computer did the trick.
Sorry for the panic.

Return to “Disc Cover”