DC 3 - DVD covers printing too long width-wise

guzdook17

Postby guzdook17 » March 3rd, 2014, 5:38 pm

I hope this is a simple solution but it's driving me nuts. I've been using Disc Cover 3 for a couple of years and never had any problems. Now I'm trying to print something and the DVD cover is the correct height but the width is about an inch longer than it should be.

Bleed is set to 0. Scaling is unchecked. The cover shows up the correct size in the Disc Cover window under the ruler. When I printed a calibration sheet, the same cover was printed correctly (but with the calibration info of course). When I try to print normally, the width is too long.

Any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks in advance.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 4th, 2014, 6:27 am

Hi guzdook17,

Try to export your DVD cover to PDF without bleeds. Then open the PDF in Preview and verify its size by selecting Tools > Show Inspector in the menu. Will the PDF size be the same as in Disc Cover?

What happens with the text and graphics on your cover? Do they stretch to fill the extra space, or blank area is added. If the second, does the empty margin appear at one or on two opposite sides?

Since the calibration sheet prints correctly, the difference between regular and calibration printing can give us a clue. For example, you could use paper with different finish, or set different print quality in the system Print dialog. It is worth to revise all printing settings. Did you use the same printer all the time?

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”