Importing track info Toast 8

imunday

Postby imunday » February 18th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to DC3 and am still groping my way through the labyrinth so bear with me! I used to use Roxio Creator on our old Dell (I'm a Mac user but the family prevailed) and was able to burn discs and then proceed to their labelling program to print directly on CD. Dead easy, all the album and track info was preserved and made available to use in the printing/formatting process. I'm now using Toast 8 and Disc Cover 3 after the Dell permanently crashed and am finding it problematical importing track info into DC3 after adding an image and text boxes to the project. Every time I go to Import-Toast and selecting the specific album nothing imports. I'm a little confused as to whether the Toast album info is a "disc image" and there are two different files saved: a .Sd2f and a .disc file. I would really love to know how to import the info painlessly, can anyone offer a step-by-step process?

many thanks Ian
imunday

Postby imunday » February 18th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Just an update, I had another look at the DC3 user manual and on page 117 (don't worry I had already read this) it says:

Disc Cover can import the track name, duration and playlist name (Audio CD name) from a Toast audio project.

1. Open the Import tab in the Source panel, and choose Toast Titanum in the pop-up menu to open the Import dialog.

2. Select a Toast project.

3. A list of imported tracks will appear in the Source panel. Select a presentation format in the Format pop-up menu and drag the list into your document.

When I see the projects I've saved some of the files are greyed out but when I select a file that isn't it still doesn't appear in the Source panel. Is it the way I'm saving the Toast projects?
Nick

Postby Nick » February 19th, 2014, 5:10 am

Hi Ian,

Do you have the Toast software installed?

What version of Disc Cover do you have? Please open Disc Cover > About Disc Cover in the main menu to find out this information.

Nick
imunday

Postby imunday » February 19th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Well Nick, I initially bought a factory-sealed Toast 8 from ebay as I'm running an old iBook G4 and that was the only version of Toast that would work with my OS. The bundled version of DC that came with it was insufficient for my needs so I decided to pay the extra money and make the update to DC3.
To answer your first question, yes Toast is installed correctly and I've been using it to burn audio CD's, I've used Gracenote (included with Toast) to get track info and this has worked fine. The version of Disc Cover I'm using is 3.0.10 (v670). I don't won't to do anything particularly tricky in DC3, I just want to print directly onto the CD a half-decent image along with Title and track listings etc. I'm not a big fan of MP3s and don't have iTunes installed and therefore don't have a library which is possibly making life more difficult for myself, I am slowly getting to know DC3 as a bit of a latecomer but this issue is driving me quietly insane! cheers, Ian
Nick

Postby Nick » February 20th, 2014, 6:55 am

Hi Ian,

Toast 8 can be incompatible with Disc Cover 3.0.10. Unfortunately, I don't have this version of Toast to test.

Please check if Disc Cover from the Toast package can import.

Disc Cover imports not directly from a Toast project, but using the Toast software. This means Toast must open the selected project and send data to Disc Cover. Does Toast open its project? If yes, what happens then?

Replying to your previous question, the .disc file seems to be the one you should import from.

Nick
imunday

Postby imunday » February 20th, 2014, 3:28 pm

OK Nick, I'll give that another whirl and get back to you...
Last edited by imunday on February 20th, 2014, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Disc Cover”