Disc Label Cover 3.09 & 3.10 Freezes and Crashes all the tim

ALMAR46

Postby ALMAR46 » October 18th, 2013, 6:07 pm

I am having lots of problems lately with my Disc Cover 3.09 & 3.10 versions

It freezes again and again.

Some times crashes itself and other times I force it to quit after long time freezed.

I have a Mac Pro 2009 and a old Mac Book Pro and it's working the same on both computers.

Question: what is the maximun file size that DC3 can support for each job?

I am using Mac OS 10.8.5 on Mac Pro and Mac OS 10.5.8 on Mac Book Pro
Nick

Postby Nick » October 19th, 2013, 12:59 am

Hi,

The program can work with 50 MB files and maybe larger. Large files may make the work unconfortable because the program becomes slower. It is important how much free memory is available on your computer. You can check this using the Activity Monitor utility.

Think about making your document smaller. You can decrease the resolution of images or/and split the document into parts if it consists of several disc labels or case covers.

For the first, you need to create a copy of your original image, reduce its size and import to the document instead of its large version. To split the document, create a new one and copy all content of some design element to it. Then delete this design element in the original document. Before doing any of above, create a backup copy of your doc.

If the workarounds don't help, please send your document and the crash report to support@belightsoft.com If the document is larger than 10 MB, send us a download link. Before attaching your doc to an email or uploading it to file sharing website, compress it in Finder.
ALMAR46

Postby ALMAR46 » October 19th, 2013, 3:27 am

It is working now.
I had to reduce all pics using photoshop.
Before the file size on DC3 was about 400 Mb and it never worked that way... it always failed and crashed.
And after I changed them for the new and small ones... now this time the file size was about 50 Mb... and always worked that way.
Thank you for your advice Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”