Disc Cover 3 (version 3.0.8 build 665) - Mac OS X 10.8 Mount

bontfaen

Postby bontfaen » May 5th, 2013, 1:24 am

I've just bought a new external HP Blu-Ray Lightscribe drive that works OK with HP's Simple Labeler software.

However when I use Disc Cover 3.08 to burn a lightscribe image the software doesn't detect the media?

The HP external Blu-Ray drive is model HP DVDWBD TS-LB23L.

Does version Disc Cover 3.08 support this drive?

If it doesn't what can be done to enable support with Disc Cover 3?

Mike
Nick

Postby Nick » May 5th, 2013, 5:06 am

Hi Mike,

To burn a Lightscribe label, you need to select a Lightscribe disc template in the Design Element tab of the Inspector (click on the Change Element popup list). Then, in the Print dialog, set Output to LightScribe. If there is no any device available, you need to check the driver of the burner.

Nick
bontfaen

Postby bontfaen » May 5th, 2013, 7:56 am

Thanks Nick, I know the process, this issue is that after selecting to print/burn a lightscribe image on to the CD the requester which declares detecting media never gets to the point where the printing/burning begins? As I mentioned in my original post the 'Lightscribe Simple Labeler' software detects the media and completes the process. Is this an issue with Disc Cover 3.08's lightscribe driver?

Mike
Nick

Postby Nick » May 5th, 2013, 10:49 am

The software from the device manufacturer may communicate with the device directly. One cannot be sure that it uses the same driver.

Click on the Lightscribe Diagnostics button in the Print dialog. What can you see in result?

How your burner is connected to the computer? If it is a USB cable, try to disconnect all external drives including LightScribe. Then connect only LightScribe and try to burn a label.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”