DC 3.0.7+Toast 11.1: Cannot import Audio CD track data

Christian Roth

Postby Christian Roth » November 16th, 2012, 4:58 am

Hi,

with Disc Cover 3.0.7 and Toast Titanium 11.1 (Build 1072), I can no longer import track data from Audio CD projects. When I import a the respective Toast project document from within DiscCover, Toast opens briefly the document, but Disc Cover shows "Keine Daten" (="no data") in its respective pane, i.e. does not import the track data.

Anyone else seeing this?

I am using DC on a German system.

Regards, Christian
Nick

Postby Nick » November 16th, 2012, 6:32 am

Hi Christian,

The same versions of Disc Cover and Toast do work on 10.7.5 correctly. I checked the English and German localizations.

Please indicate at what step something goes wrong and what happens:
1. Choose Toast as the source, or if it is already selected, click Import in the left panel.
2. Select a Toast project.
3. Toast opens the selected project.
4. Disc Cover displays the imported content.

Can you see any error messages?

Does Toast display your project correctly? If not, open it in Toast without use of Disc Cover.

Nick
Christian Roth

Postby Christian Roth » November 16th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Hi Nick,

forgot to mention that I am on OS X 10.6.8 (10K549).

As for your steps:

1., 2. and 3. work exactly as you describe.

After step 3, Disc Cover comes to the foreground, but displays no track data. The pane says "No data" and the "Format" popup is greyed out.

For all of this, there is no message in the Console window (I switched to "All Messages" therein), except for the following one that does always show during startup of Toast:

Code: Select all

17.11.12 00:43:57    Error    Toast Titanium[628]    Error loading /Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda:  dlopen(/Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda, 265): Library not loaded: /usr/local/cuda/lib/libcuda.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda
  Reason: image not found

I don't think this is related to AppleScript (which you probably use). Do you have some sort of AppleScript "standalone" code that I can try running against Toast from AppleScript editor? Maybe that could help diagnosing what's going wrong...

Thanks,
Christian
Nick

Postby Nick » November 17th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Hi,

With the same message in the log, I can import form a Toast project. On Monday, I'll test Disc Cover on a computer with Mac OS 10.6.8. I'm not sure that Disc Cover communicates with Toast using AppleScript.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » November 19th, 2012, 5:45 am

On 10.6, importing worked. Please send your Toast project to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic.

There is a little chance that there is something wrong with Disc Cover settings saved in the preferences file. Try to move it to the Desktop and import from Toast again. The location of this file:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover3.re.plist
To reach it, in the Finder choose Go > Go to Folder (Cmd-Shift-G). Then copy "~/Library/Preferences/" into the edit box, and click the Go button.

If with new preferences, the problem remains, move the old file back to the original folder.

Nick
Christian Roth

Postby Christian Roth » November 26th, 2012, 5:01 am

Hi,

sorry for the late feedback - I did not get notified about the new reply.

I deleted DC3 preferences (~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover3.plist - I am using the full DC, not the RE one bundled with Toast), but that did not make any difference. I did the same with Toast (i.e. deleting Toast's preferences, and I even re-downloaded and installed it), but that did not change anything either.

I'll be sending the Toast project file to your support address later. Note, however, that the issue is not tied to a specific Toast project - none of the Toast projects work.

However, I start to believe that this then must be some system configuration issue specific to my installation. Should I try importing a Toast project from a virgin OS X user account?

Thanks for trying to help me out,
Christian
Ajax

Postby Ajax » November 26th, 2012, 7:45 am

Christian,

It would be a good test try to import data from Toast project into Disc Cover using new user account but also save and send us console log after trying to import — it might contain data regarding the issue.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
Christian Roth

Postby Christian Roth » June 7th, 2013, 5:16 pm

After upgrading to Disc Cover 3.0.9 and OS X 10.8.4, using Toast 11.1 (1072) this is now working again. Issue considered closed :cool:

-Christian

Return to “Disc Cover”