DC3 is now showing the import tracks window

daveyboy

Postby daveyboy » July 29th, 2012, 5:40 pm

There's a typo on my subject title. It should read: "DC3 is not showing the import tracks window"

I just upgraded to Disc Cover 3 after my version 2 mysteriously stopped working. It turns out I'm having many problems with version 3.0.6 (running osx.7.4, or osx.6.7). The main issue is that when I click on the "import tracks, pictures and videos" button, I get nothing. No options, no graphics, no nutin'. I've tried installing this on my osx.6.7 partition with similar results. Also, Disc Cover version 2 no longer works anywhere and has this missing functionality. I've repaired permissions, zapped pram, run tech tool pro, etc. Re downloaded and re installed a few times too. At this point I have to delete all my preferences as sometimes I can't even do anything once the software launches. I can't open a file or make a new one. It's just very odd as Disc Cover 2 was working just fine and was even running in Lion even though it's not supposed to. Anyway, I'm assuming this is broken for now. At least I can make a basic label and print onto a cd after I delete preferences. I just can't import my track names from Toast. Any ideas??

Dave
OSX10.7.4
2.8 ghz 8 core intel mac
Disc Cover 3.0.6
10 gbs ram
Last edited by daveyboy on July 29th, 2012, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveyboy

Postby daveyboy » July 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Update:
So I installed the DC3 demo on our iMac running x.7.4 and it worked.Then I went back to my work computer and logged out of my main user account and into another account I created but never use. It worked there. Sooooo, there must be something weird with my main user accounts (on each partition) that are making things not work correctly. I don't get it and have tried so many experiments that I'm out of ideas. Since the main computer is running 10.7.4 I don't think it's that. I've done all the updates to my Mac but something must be interfering with Disc Cover's functionality. Any ideas?
Nick

Postby Nick » July 30th, 2012, 4:10 am

Hi Dave,

You already have made certain things, but I'll ask you repeat them just to be sure that all has been done.

Please log in your account where the Disc Cover doesn't work and do this:
1. Delete the preferences file
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover3.plist
To access the needed folder, in the Finder choose Go > Go to Folder (Cmd-Shift-G). Then type "~/Library/Preferences/" into the edit box, and click the Go button.

2. Delete the caches
~/Library/Caches/com.belightsoft.DiscCover3

3. Delete autosave information which is a copy of your document that is set to be opened when you start Swift Publisher. Maybe there is an error in the document which prevents from normal operation of the program. Copy this line:
~/Library/Autosave Information/
In Finder, press Cmd-Shift-G and paste. Click GO. From the "Autosave Information" folder, delete or move to another folder (Desktop, for instance) all Swift Publisher documents.

4. Reboot your computer.

5. Open iTunes to make sure it functions correctly and you can see the tracks names you wish to import. Then quit iTunes.

6. Open Disc Cover with a blank document (don't open any of yours) and choose iTunes in the left panel. Will the import dialog open?

If not, open the preferences dialog and choose the Importing tab. Activate the the "Use AppleScript..." option. Quit and re-open Disc Cover. Will the import dialog open this time?

7. If there is no success at step 6, open the Console application located in the Applications/Utilities folder. Select All Messages in the left pane. Then choose File > Save a Copy As in order to save the log. Send it to support@belightsoft.com providing the link to this topic.

Nick
daveyboy

Postby daveyboy » July 30th, 2012, 9:03 am

Hi Nick and thanks for the detailed reply. I did everything with no change. There is still no pull down menu when I click on the import button. I emailed you a screen shot and the log as you requested. Is there anything else I can try deleting that might be interfering with this bug?
Nick

Postby Nick » July 30th, 2012, 10:58 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the sent files. The log doesn't gives us enough details to understand what happens.

Does the program quits unexpectedly when you attempt to import, or it remains open and other features work normally?

I'd like to ensure that iTunes and iPhoto work correctly on your computer. You can open each and preview photos or play music. Can you verify this?

Are your music and photo libraries located in the default folders? They are Music and Pictures in your Home folder.

You are working on Mac OS 10.7, right?

What versions of iTunes and iPhoto do you have?

There is a little chance that your library is broken. To check this, please send two files mentioned below to support@belightsoft.com

Both files are located in your Home. Each represents the structure of the photo or audio library. Since both are in text format, you can compress each in Finder and attach both to the same message.

File 1:
~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml

File 2:
In your Home, open the Pictures folder. Right-click on iPhoto Library and choose Show Package Content. The needed file is AlbumData.xml

Nick
daveyboy

Postby daveyboy » July 30th, 2012, 11:42 am

Well, it looks like you stumbled onto something! I have my iphoto library on another drive as it's huge. So, I clicked on my old iphoto library that's in my home folder and opened that up, quit, and then opened up DC3 and viola, it worked!!! I then quit, opened up my iphoto library on my external drive that I've been using for a while, quit iphoto, opened DC3 and it worked!!!! So there ya go. Thanks. I've spent hours on this silly thing as I'm obsessed ;-) Add that to your knowledge bank of weird computer quirks.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 31st, 2012, 6:51 am

Dave,

Thanks for these details. Maybe Disc Cover accessed one of your photo libraries using the AlbumData.xml file that belonged to another library.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”