Disc Cover 3 will not open anything

cmt

Postby cmt » July 5th, 2012, 7:08 pm

I launch the app and get the screen to select a template from the assistant. It does not matter which one I pick, nothing happens. It just stays stuck on the selection screen.
I try to open a new blank, and the assistant goes away, but the new blank never opens. I try to open a previous cover and nothing happens.

The app does not crash or produce any errors, it just ignores any attempt to open anything.

Any suggestions?
Nick

Postby Nick » July 6th, 2012, 3:06 am

Hi,

What version of Disc Cover do you have. In Disc Cover, choose Disc Cover > About Disc Cover. If this doesn't work, right-click on the program in the Finder and select Get Info. The General section displays the version.

What version of Mac OS is installed on your computer?

It may help, if you delete the program and preferences file, then download and install a new copy of the application.

The location of the preferences file:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.DiscCover3.plist
To access it, copy this path:
~/Library/Preferences/
In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder (Cmd-G) and paste the path. Click Go.

Nick
cmt

Postby cmt » July 7th, 2012, 10:45 am

If I ask Disc Cover to check for updates it tells me that I am up to date. I am also running the most current version of Mac OS (10.7.4).

I'll kill the .plist file and if that does not help I'll re-install the app.

I bought Disc Cover after using the scaled back version that came with Toast 11. I wonder if having both the regular and scaled down version installed might be the issue.
cmt

Postby cmt » July 7th, 2012, 11:08 am

I located 7 files in that library that appeared to be associated to Disc Cover based on their names. I removed them all.

The application seems to be working again. I had to go hunt down my license key again, but I found it after a bit of looking around.

In the past I had fits with my Epson printer, I hope all the work it took to make the discs print on that device was not lost when I killed this .plist files. We'll see I guess.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 7th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Normally, Disc Cover Roxio Edition and the standard edition don't conflict. The .plist file contains the print settings. It isn't difficult to restore them.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”